As the non-renewable forms of energy are getting exhausted, the focus is now on finding an alternative to them. Solar energy is one such alternative. It is practical, but it also helps us build a sustainable world as solar energy is the cleanest form of energy.
Also, with technological advancement, they have become much more efficient than they used to be before.
It is not enough once you have installed your solar panel from Solar Companies Toowoomba. The solar panels need to be taken care of and maintained regularly.
Here are some tips for maintaining solar panels :
- Regular Inspection: The solar panels are usually placed at high locations where they are not vulnerable to damage, yet these are prone to accumulation of waste flowing in the air and debris. So, it is essential to check on them from time to time to ensure that there is no power loss due to pollen or tree material and make sure that it is clean.
- Proper cleaning techniques: Usually, the rain washes off the dust accumulation from the solar plates. It is also effortless to clean the plates by using plain water. Another thing that you need to keep in mind while cleaning is that the glass should not get affected in any manner because scratching the glass can reduce the light getting to the solar cells. So, you should be careful while selecting the washing agents and avoid using any abrasive detergents or foamy ones that leave spots.
- Ensure the perfect location of the solar plates: The solar panels are usually installed at places that get the maximum amount of sunlight throughout the day. But over time, the intensity of the light the solar panel is getting might change due to any nearby construction or growth of trees. In that case, you need Solar Companies Toowoomba to reinstall them in a new location, getting the maximum exposure to the sun.
- Ensure that all the parts are fitted well: For a maximum output from the solar panels, the bolts, nuts, and joints need to be equipped well. In case of any fault, you can assess them by monitoring the energy production monitoring device. Any drastic change in the production means some faulty parts that you need to check for. Any loose or disconnected wires reduce the production, but they also pose a threat of causing electric fires.
Keep an Eye on the Solar Accessories:
- A solar power system consists of an inverter, panels, energy storage batteries, regulators, cables, and power meters. All the parts need to function correctly for optimal output. Therefore, you should keep a check on them. Also, ignorance may lead to costly replacement procedures for these parts.
- Track the energy usage: As mentioned before, regular tracking of the energy usage would help you spot any changes and thereby assess if there is any fault in the system.
At Express Electrical, you get multiple services regarding your home solar system like installation, maintenance and care, up-gradation, and repair.