As the capital of rhinoplasty, more than 80,000 rhinoplasties are performed annually in Iran, which is seven times more than the number of this kind of surgeries in the United States. The high success rate of this surgery in Iran is due to various factors such as the improvement of surgical techniques, skilled doctors and surgeons and finally Iran nose job cost.
The cost of rhinoplasty in Iran is usually lower than in other countries, while the level of satisfaction is higher. As Iran has the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the Middle East, many people from all over the world decide to have their surgery performed in Iran, especially in Tehran.
Rhinoplasty in Iran
Many medical services companies in Iran provide quality services and advanced facilities for patients, and patients can benefit from the latest medical and beauty services. Many people from all over the world trust Iran skilled doctors, and prefer to have their nose surgery in Iran and at the same time enjoy the many tourist attractions of this beautiful country.
From an aesthetic point of view, rhinoplasty (nose job) changes the shape and size of the nose, adapting it to the features of the face and lips. It also corrects other problems such as bulging and asymmetry and other nasal defects.
Also, people who suffer from respiratory problems due to air obstruction due to tissue or cartilage, prefer to have rhinoplasty to improve their condition.
Types of Rhinoplasty
In general, rhinoplasty is divided into two main groups, primary and secondary (or reconstructive) surgery. The following is a summary of each of these methods:
Primary rhinoplasty, also nose shaping surgery
Primary rhinoplasty means that the patient is undergoing rhinoplasty for the first time. The purpose of this surgery can be one of the following:
- Correcting the shape of the nose, repairing the asymmetrical structure of the nose or crooked nose, deforming small or very large nostrils to fit the face, and treating respiratory problems caused by cartilage or excess tissue.
This kind of rhinoplasty takes about two hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
Secondary rhinoplasty, or also reconstructive rhinoplasty
Secondary rhinoplasty or reconstructive rhinoplasty corrects the results of previous rhinoplasty (s). It is strongly recommended that for secondary or reconstructive surgery, at least one year has elapsed since the primary rhinoplasty, as it takes at least a year for the tissue wound to heal and the rhinitis to settle.
To create symmetry, cartilage may need to be added or removed during surgery. Prior to surgery, cartilage strength, bone and skin strength are checked, and since cartilage is usually always needed, the amount of cartilage present is also assessed by the surgeon.
The surgeon uses a 3D imaging program to show you what your nose will look like after surgery. The whole surgery may take up to 4 hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
The main techniques of rhinoplasty
The two main techniques for rhinoplasty are open method and closed method. Both operations are performed under general anesthesia, and you may need to stay overnight in the hospital.
In the open procedure, the surgeon makes incisions through the nostrils, and then separates the skin of the nose from the back cover of the bones and cartilage so that he can see the entire structure of the nose. The open method is mainly used in secondary or reconstructive rhinoplasty.
In the closed method, the surgeon makes incisions in the vertical tissue part of the nose that separates the nostrils and changes the nose shape as desired. One of the advantages of the closed method is that there will be no visible wounds after the operation.
How to prepare before rhinoplasty?
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E or any anti-inflammatory medication for 2 weeks before surgery.
- Avoid smoking for at least two weeks before surgery.
- It is recommended to use sunscreen 30 SPF or higher every day for at least two weeks before surgery to prevent any damage.
- Do not eat anything until 12 hours before surgery.
Recovery process after rhinoplasty:
- As with any procedure, bruising and swelling after nasal surgery are common. Initial swelling may subside after a week or two weeks after surgery, but it may take several months to a year for the overall swelling to subside.
- Nasal tampons help reduce swelling, but it is not possible to breathe through the nose until it comes out.
- Apply an ice pack to your forehead to stop the bleeding.
- If you need to sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
- Keep the inside of the nose moist with a nasal spray.
- Do not touch the stitches with your fingers.
- Apply Vaseline and ointment to the sutures inside the nostrils.
- Hold your head up for at least 48 hours after surgery to help reduce the swelling.
- Try to avoid hard foods that require a lot of chewing for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activity to prevent bleeding and increased swelling.
- You should not wear glasses on your nose for at least 6 weeks after surgery.
- The surgeon removes the stitches after 3 days.
Concluding remarks on rhinoplasty costs
Due to the different types of rhinoplasty, you should first get information about your nose and the type of cosmetic surgery you are going to have. Your nose job may not even be cosmetic, and you just want to get rid of a nasal polyp that blocks the airway through your nose, so you still need surgery that can be costly but it might have different costs compared to rhinoplasty.
Keep in mind that if your nose needs natural and medical surgery, be sure to consult with various doctors in the area of your rhinoplasty so that if you need both types of surgery, cosmetic surgery and polyp removal surgery, by performing both of them in one surgery, your costs will drop dramatically.