If you own a Netgear Orbi router, then you might be well aware of how important updating its firmware is. However, sometimes, Netgear Orbi firmware update can fail due to a random technical glitch. Are you facing the same issue with your WiFi device? If the answer is yes, then congratulations, you have come to the right place for a solution.
Through this article, we will guide you in getting rid of the Orbi firmware update issue in the blink of an eye. So, without wasting any more time, scroll down, and continue reading.
Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Orbi Firmware Update Failure Issue
Restart Your Netgear Orbi
Restarting is the first thing that you do when any of your devices stop responding, right? Well, do the same thing with your Orbi device.
Follow a few quick steps mentioned below to reboot your device:
- Turn off your Netgear Orbi router.
- Unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Connect your Orbi device back into the socket.
- Press the Power button on.
Now, access the Orbi router setup page and check whether you are able to update the firmware of your WiFi device or not.
Check the Ethernet Cable
Another brain-hindering reason why you are facing the Orbi firmware update issue might be because of a worn-out Ethernet cable.
Keep in mind the below-outlined tips while you are using an Ethernet cable to connect your Orbi router and modem:
- The Ethernet cable should be free of any cuts.
- If it has any breakage, use a new cable to avoid any unwanted issues.
- It should be finger-tight at all costs.
If you remember these few parameters while connecting your WiFi devices with an Ethernet cable, you’ll surely be able to resolve the issue of Orbi firmware update failure.
Reset Your Orbi Device
If restarting and changing the Ethernet cable doesn’t help you out in resolving the issue, then you can rely on the reset process. Restoring your Orbi router the ultimate fix to resolve the Orbi firmware update failure issue:
Here’s how to reset your Orbi device:
- Locate the Reset button on your Orbi router.
- Did you find it? If yes, then take an oil pin and press it.
- Now, wait for some time to let your device get restored to its default settings.
After performing the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, if you still aren’t able to update the firmware of your Orbi, then follow the instructions given below to manually update your device:
How to Manually Update the Firmware Update of Your Orbi Device
- Install a web browser on your system and access the routerlogin.net web page.
- Enter the default Orbi router login username and password.
- Once the Orbi setup page appears, navigate to the Settings option.
- Then, click on Administration > Firmware update.
- Now, wait for your Netgear Orbi router to get updated.
Note: Make sure that you follow the above-mentioned steps in the same order as they are written. Only then will you be able to update the firmware of your WiFi device successfully.