Last Updated on February 28, 2023 by Ahmed Aftab
During a home improvement project, one of the most difficult tasks that one has to do is to choose the right flooring for your home. Regardless the fact why you want to enhance the look of your home, whether you want to sell it to improve its look and value or whether you want to make it more lively, changing flooring is always a great idea. If you are confused about finding the right flooring for your home, then nothing could be as good as hardwood flooring. A stunning hardwood flooring will instantly give a new look to your home.
Adding hardwood flooring to your home is a great way to give it a fresh new look and feel. With its timeless appeal and durability, hardwood flooring can transform any space into a warm and inviting retreat. Here are some reasons why you should consider adding hardwood flooring to your home, along with some tips for choosing and maintaining the perfect hardwood floors.
Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
- Timeless Appeal: Hardwood flooring never goes out of style and can add value to your home for years to come.
- Durability: Hardwood flooring is strong and can withstand heavy foot traffic, pets, and everyday wear and tear.
- Versatility: With a wide range of colors and styles, hardwood flooring can be customized to fit any décor and style.
Choosing the Right Hardwood Flooring
- Type: Choose from various hardwood types, such as oak, maple, or cherry. Each has unique characteristics regarding grain patterns, color, and durability.
- Finish: Consider the flooring finish, such as gloss or matte, to determine the overall look and feel of your space.
- Installation: Decide on the installation method, whether you want to install it yourself or hire a professional.
Maintaining Hardwood Flooring
- Regular Cleaning: Sweep or vacuum your floors regularly to prevent dirt and debris from scratching the surface.
- Avoid Water: Wipe up spills immediately to prevent water damage to the wood.
- Protective Measures: Use felt pads on furniture legs to prevent scratching and place rugs in high traffic areas.
Why you should choose hardwood flooring?
The flowing adds a natural charm to a space where you install it, and also, it is not limited in the range. With an extensive range, you can choose any from oiled finishes to smooth and brushed surfaces. The enhanced look of your home will make you feel better when you live there.
Durability is always the first thing that a person looks at when changing the flooring; explain the experts at the top rated Dallas flooring companies. Hardwood flooring comes with this advantage. And in case if any damage occurs, then it can easily be re-treated with minimum effort. If you put regular maintenance, then you won’t require to change the flooring for many years.
Wood is very versatile:
Wood is a very versatile material that can be infused into any style of décor. From a farmyard cottage to an urban apartment, wooden flooring can easily be incorporated into all kinds of houses. Therefore, regardless of the type of home you want to redecorate, you can easily choose to add hardwood flooring to your home.
Requires low maintenance:
Regular sweeping or vacuuming is required to maintain any wooden flooring. Therefore, you don’t require any special tools to keep flooring maintained, and everything can be done with ease.
Wood is also an ecofriendly option:
Regarding natural ingredients, nothing is a better option than wood. Now, most of the wood comes from sustainable forests where the new trees are grown after the cutting of the previous ones. Also, you know that wood is recyclable; therefore, the new products can be designed with the same wood.
No other type of flooring could impress the visitors in the way in which hardwood can. It adds a wow factor to your home and makes a space appealing when installed correctly. One of the best things about it is that this classic look never goes out of fashion. The organic and natural material always remains in fashion because of its different textures and decent color.
Types of hard wooden flooring
Solid hardwood is a type of hardwood flooring that allures your floors with time. In case if with time, any scratches or damage occurs to this kind of flooring, then this hardwood can easily be refinished or recovered multiple times.
Different species of hardwood are:
- Acacia: If you are looking for a flooring option that can bear the wear and tear to an extent, then nothing is as great as acacia. The unique appearance and the texture of the wood make it different from all other options, and it is also great in creating great patterns naturally.
- Birch: Birch is a famous wooden material that has been used for many years for flooring and other home interiors. The style, functionality that it adds to the home while being very affordable forces people to choose it over all other types of hardwood floorings.
- Oak: Oak comes in various colors, red and white, and you can pick any of your choice. Toughness, dent-resistant are some of the best qualities that come with it. You can also use it as a pairing with other options for great results.
There are also many other species of hardwood are present apart from these.
Site finishes solid hardwood:
As the name says, such hardwood is stained, finishes, and textured after installation. Once you have chosen the wooden species you want to add, texture, length, color, and such other dimensions, then it can be finished after installation. You can add a different finish and texture after installation if you are unsatisfied with it. Is not it an amazing option? So, you can consider this as your flooring by seeing this advantage of it.
Pre-finished solid hardwood:
Again, as the name says, you must choose the texture and finishing before the installation because nothing can be changed after installation. But the advantage of it is that it takes lesser time in installation.
Engineered hardwood is manufactured by pressing several layers of wood. The hardwood layer is added to the top and bottom of the core wood. The construction process makes it less susceptible to damage. Dampness or moisture is the main cause behind the wood damage, but if you use the engineering hardwood for flooring, then the process of construction of it makes it of higher quality so that moisture can’t damage it. Though it also comes with a limitation that it can’t be refinished over and over again. Apart from this, this wood is also expensive from normal hardwood.
To wrap it up!!!
Now you are well aware of the fact that wooden flooring is what you are looking for to remodel your home or to give a new classy look to your home. But before you choose any, make sure you know all the options and then decide one according to your needs and requirements so that you don’t have to regret your decision later.