Do you remember the last time you went to your favourite spa and got a relaxing massage? It’s one of the experiences that we miss the most during the pandemic. Thankfully we can still recreate our experiences at home with massage oils. One of the most significant side effects of the pandemic that we’ve experienced, along with the loss of most of our favourite relaxing activities, is a loss of shape in our bodies.
Simple massage oil is not enough to tone your body or suffer from conditions like obesity, aches and pains. It will help if you change your lifestyle by incorporating a proper diet and exercise regimen. Both these are the two things that will bring your body back into shape, but learning self-massage techniques with body massage oils can help if you want to speed up the process.
Once you start to get back in shape, you’ll notice that you’ll begin to lose more water weight, and your arms and legs will be the first places to show the loss. Therefore, these are also the parts of your body that you must massage most since they are also the easiest to reach.
Why are massage oils essential?
In today’s time, we crave relaxation the most. We are constantly hunched over at a desk, working away on a computer. We often get pains in our back and shoulders and even other body parts because of this. A massage is the best way to release the tension and knots. A massage reduces stress. The fragrant oil combined with the muscle relaxant techniques stops our heads from racing at a thousand thoughts per minute.
Massage oil is essential because it lets the oil seep into your skin during a massage, and the movement becomes seamless. A good body massage oil is smooth, not greasy, and has the correct proportions of carrier oils and essential oils. The ingredients in a massage oil can help to relieve muscle or joint pains, and you can use a toning oil to reduce the appearance of stretch marks or scars.
Benefits of Massage Oils:
Eliminates body impurities and boosts skin health
The essential body oils help in eliminating the toxins from your body and reduces impurities as well. In addition, massage oils have healing properties that remove dead cells from your skin. The resultant is a soft and glowing body.
Reduce ageing effects
Body massage strengthens the tissue and assists your skin in adapting to the ageing process. Skin’s resistance to pollution increases too. It creates a barrier between your skin and harsh environmental downfalls.
Improves blood circulation
Massage oils stimulate blood circulation and encourage the swift removal of metabolic wastes from your body. Moreover, you are essentially thanking and nourishing your skin by including massage oils in your body care regime. The experience will give you unparalleled warmth, stability, comfort and confidence.
The healing properties of body oils detoxify your body and enable your skin to precipitate the stored-up toxins and promote cells’ self-healing.
The practice of using massage oils is deeply nourishing to your brain; it calms down your nerves and emulates warmth in your senses about yourself and everyone around you.
What are the ingredients you should look for in a massage oil?
- Vitamin E. Vitamin e is an excellent antioxidant that helps in wound healing. It can help significantly to minimise the appearance of stretch marks while helping to reduce the dryness of your skin.
- Jojoba oil is highly moisturising and helps your skin synthesise collagen, making it look plump and youthful instead of dull and sagged. It is also used commonly in massage oils because of its lightweight texture.
- Rosehip oil is one of the best oils for stretch marks and scars because it naturally contains a derivative of vitamin A which regenerates skin cells. This oil also improves skin elasticity.
- Eucalyptus oil is antibacterial and antifungal. It also helps in pain relief and soothes your muscles, and the scent relaxes your mind.
- Thyme oil’s primary function is to stimulate your skin to improve blood circulation. In addition, it helps to heal injuries and release the tension in your muscles.
- Massage oils infused with peppermint oil have a beautiful aroma. It relaxes the mind. Simultaneously it is antiseptic and antibacterial. This oil works as a skin detox too.
- Castor oil soothes sunburns and is an excellent moisturiser for your skin. It is a coolant too.
How to use a body massage oil
Using a massage oil is extremely easy.
- Start with cleansed skin. Please take a few drops of the body oil onto your palms and rub them onto your palms. Then rub your limbs or the part of your body that hurts the most with your palms. Focus on your pressure points.
- Consult a dermatologist or a professional before applying any body oil if you have a skin condition. Atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, other skin conditions, or even an allergy to any ingredient may flare up during an oil massage.
- You need to remember that consistency is the key. For example, you can see visible results if you spend at least twenty minutes every single day giving yourself a massage. Massage coupled with adequate exercise and a regulated meal plan can change the way you feel.
A strict meal plan does not necessarily mean eating only bland food. But yes, massage, exercise and reduced sugar consumption can make you healthier.
But most of all, be patient, and you will see results. A combination of massage oils, meal plans, and exercise never fail you. So say hello to your softest, smoothest and healthiest skin after using appropriate massage oil; thank us later for this little guide!