According to many reports, the Indian logistics industry is estimated to generate business worth $110 billion in the next few years. The industry has a requirement of about 420,000 skilled manpower by next year in order to achieve the same. One of the sectors in the logistics industry currently employs north of 16.74 million employees and it is generally known that it will employ more than 28.4 million employees by next year. And India is set to witness an inflow of investments from various sources that will amount to close to 50,000 crores.
Visit market business times for more interesting information.
Hence, the logistics industry will pick up in the next few years and understanding its basics via logistics online programs offered by ICRI are important. So, what are these?
3 Years BBA Program in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Since every year there are always new things that are added to the manner in which logistics and supply chain management functions, ICRI is constantly updating its course in tandem with the rapidly changing and complex structure of the industry. Each lecture during the course of the entire program is delivered by professionals with decades of experience in the logistics and supply chain management industry.
- The entire program has been created in such a way that it helps students to learn the basics of the industry by understanding both the theory and practice of each subject taught under it. The structure has been created in a manner that it will eventually give a huge headstart to those that study it.
- The entire program covers all the basics of the industry and then some more! Students will learn supply chain management as a logistical tool by learning aspects such as buying, inventory management and control, supplier acquisition and development, customer service tools, logistics, and distribution channels. The entire program includes different methods by which these topics are taught These include strategies such as lectures and seminars, workshops, hands-on training through field work, case studies of well-known circumstances, on-site visits and guest speakers, real time problem-solving sessions and student presentations.
What is structure of the logistics online program of ICRI?
During the course of the logistics courses and Supply Chain Management Course students will get to learn core concepts such as why logistics industry is an essential component of the world economy, the basics of business communications, marketing, finance, economics, operational management, customer relationship management and more. All this will be taught by first touching upon the following subjects under the logistics and supply chain management:
- Principles of logistics management
- Fundamentals of marketing
- IT applications
- Business laws
- The economics of transportation
- Operation management
- Business statistics
- Integrated supply chain
- Material management
- Distribution management
- Basics of logistics management
But is there a provision to do a PG or an MBA in logistics and supply chain management from ICRI?
Logistics 6 months program – a PG diploma in logistics courses
The entire 6-month program or a PG diploma in logistics courses is divided into two semesters. Each semester teaches students the different aspects of supply chain management and logistics tool by learning the tools it utilises to confirm buying, inventory management and control, supplier acquisition and development, customer service tools, logistics, and distribution channels. The breakdown of each semester is as following:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- E-Commerce and applications of ICT in SCM
- Retailing Management
- Distribution Management and Logistics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
- Transportation Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Service Operations Management
- Management of Information System
But what kind of opportunities does this program present?
After studying the PG diploma course in logistics and supply chain management, ICRI helps students in working with various companies such as DHL, FedEx, ESSAR, AFL etc.