Netgear WiFi range extenders are the ultimate way to bring life to dead zones in your home. Dead zones – that particular areas in your house where you get poor or no connectivity at all! We know how frustrating it is! But the ultimate solution to get WiFi everywhere in your home is to perform the Netgear WiFi extender setup.
Setting up a Netgear range extender is easier than you think of. If you are planning to install your Netgear wireless extender, this step-by-step guide can help you a lot. Here, we have discussed each and every step involved in the process of Netgear WiFi range extender setup. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Prerequisites for Netgear Wireless Extender Setup
Before getting started with the Netgear wireless extender setup process, here are some prerequisites you need to take care of:
- Ensure that the extender and router are placed in the same room. This results in a strong communication between their WiFi signals.
- It is necessary that the extender remains turned on throughout the Netgear extender setup process.
- There should be a proper connection between the extender and router.
- Also, the WiFi network you want to amplify should be in the active state.
- Make sure that the power source in which your extender is connected is properly working.
- Keep at least two web browsers installed on your computer or laptop. Scenarios may come when you can’t access the Netgear extender setup page due to a web browser-related issue. In such a case, you can easily switch to another web browser.
How to Setup Netgear Extender?
Once you have the aforementioned things, you are all set to setup Netgear extender. There are two ways using which you can complete your Netgear extender installation. First is using the web browser and second one is the WPS method. Let’s help you with both the setup methods.
1. Using the Web Browser
Here are the steps to follow to set up your Netgear wireless extender using a web browser:
- Connect the power adapter of your Netgear extender into a wall outlet and turn it on.
- After turning it on, insert one end of the Ethernet cable into your extender whereas another to the router.
- Make sure that your router is also turned on.
- Switch on your computer and launch your preferred web browser.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender login page displays.
- Insert the user ID and password into the given fields.
- Hit Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will open.
- Just follow the on-screen steps to set up your Netgear range extender.
Done! That’s how you can install your Netgear WiFi range extender using a web browser. If you can’t access mywifiext.net, you can try using the default IP of your extender to access the login admin portal.
2. Using the WPS Method
WPS or WiFi Protected Setup is known as the easiest way to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender. Let’s have a look at the steps below and perform the Netgear Nighthawk setup within minutes:
- Power on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Press the WPS button on it.
- Thereafter, press the WPS button on your router as well.
- The solid green color of the WPS LED indicates that the extender has properly configured with your router.
Kudos! You have set up your Netgear WiFi range extender using the WPS method. In this way, you can install your Netgear extender quickly.