Fast connectivity is the need of the hour. In this digital era, people want to be in touch and communicate with each other as fast as possible. They want to be up to date with the most recent news and headlines and want to educate themselves on global issues. All this and more becomes possible from faster internet connectivity. While the internet on your phone is mobile and goes with you wherever you spend a considerable part of your day at home and in your office. This makes Wi-Fi installation even more crucial in these spaces. To help you better understand the advantages of installing Wi-Fi and how it helps to make your day-to-day life easier, here are a few things you should know.
Steps for Wi-Fi installation
To ensure that the Wi-Fi in your house is installed in a way that provides maximum connectivity and minimum troubles, the best option is to get it installed professionally, at least for the first time. It will not only give you a superficial idea about the maintenance of the router but will also let you know how to resolve issues that may occur now and then.
- Compare plans: Depending upon your need, nature of work, and work or home hours, choose a plan that fits into your budget and requirements. Commercial offices require Wi-Fi that has an internet speed of over 100mbps. Residential homes can very well thrive with Wi-Fi speeds of between 30-50 Mbps. The price of the router changes depending upon the speed and nature of Wi-Fi. It is your decision to finally settle for the Wi-Fi connectivity that is most profitable and beneficial to you.
- A wireless router: A wireless router is used to transfigure the network signal from your internet service provider throughout your house. Most modems come without a router which makes purchasing an independent router non-negotiable. However, some slightly expensive modems come with an in-built router in case of which an individual purchase is not required.
- Cable connection: This is the most vital part of setting up a Wi-Fi connection. A Wi-Fi router should be connected with the internet-providing modem. these connections are authorized and can only be made via professional personnel. There is an ethernet cable that is usually attached to the router. This cable is connected with the modem and the link is established. The modem is then switched on and the connectivity on the receiving end is observed. The presence of a minimum of four blinking lights on the modem is the sure-shot way of confirming that the model is receiving internet signals.
- Username and password: The next step is personal and secretive. It is to configure your router. This requires you to enter a unique name for your Wi-Fi connection along with a password. Contact the installing company. They will direct you towards a router web page wherein the basic information will be provided to you. This should be the same as on the manual of your installed router. Select the network and enter your details. Furthermore, you can choose any network setting. However, the safest and most advisable is the WPA2. Use a strong password and save the network connection.
- Enjoy faster internet connection: The neighboring gadgets and devices are then checked for smooth connectivity and voila, your house is now an even better digital space.