The certificate 3 in individual support Perth course has been designed for entry-level workers. This gives them the opportunity to work in places like hospitals, communal institutions, care facilities, disability and community care centres. This course chiefly focuses on the job roles of the several community and residential aged care workers. It lets you provide care to elderly people who need assistance due to disability and aging. This course combines both practical and theoretical training including a wide range of skills and knowledge.
Crucial Things to Know About The Certificate III in Aged Care Course
Before applying for the Certificate 3 in Aged Care Course, you must become familiar about some crucial facts concerning it. A complete checklist of these crucial aspects of the certificate iii in aged care course has been outlined below.
Noteworthy Eligibility Criteria
Both domestic and international applicants need to comply with certain eligibility criteria without a failure. These eligibility criteria for each category of students can be considered below.
- International Students: International students need to be 20 years old to the minimum. Alternatively, you should have completed a course equivalent to the 10th standard. You should prove minimum proficiency in English by cracking the IELTS test with a desired score of 5.5. Alternatively, you should qualify in a Numeracy and Literacy test effectively. Most importantly, you should be the holder of a substantial visa.
- Domestic Students: The course should be approved by the Department of Human Services of Australia. Besides, they should at least be 20 years old. They should crack a substantial literacy and numeracy or an English language test as well. If you are eligible you can also apply for a government funded course.
Students may become eligible to get a payment from the Department of Human Services of Australia. To become eligible students must meet the relevant requirements concerning the certificate iii in aged care course.
Crucial Responsibilities and Duties
The certificate III in aged care course prepares you for a range of responsibilities and duties. Following are some of the duties and responsibilities you need to manage as an aged care worker. A comprehensive checklist of these duties and responsibilities has been outlined below.
- You must live with the aged person who you are taking care of.
- You must shop and conduct errands for elderly people from time to time.
- You must provide emotional support, friendship and company to the aged people you are looking after.
- Make sure you help these aged people in maintaining personal hygiene and dressing up properly.
- As an aged care worker, you should also finish certain housekeeping tasks. These include cleaning and vacuuming etc.
- Do conduct the several social activities out there successfully.
- Accompany the aged people during the activities of their daily life.
- Help aged people in making movements properly and
- Cook foods for the aged people according to their individual nutritional requirements.
Remember, that you need to dedicate the specified duration to complete this course successfully.
Ample Job Opportunities
Australia’s aged care Industry is the fastest growing at the moment. In fact, the number of people needing aged care professionals will double by the year 2050. About 179,000 job opportunities become available within the next 5 years. This means that you will be offered with myriads of job opportunities the moment you finish this course. In short, completion of this course ensures a prospective aged care career for you that too within a short time.
Requirement of Certain Skills and Qualities
As an aspiring aged care worker, there are certain skills and qualities which you must have. Generally, employers want aged care professionals who are patient, supportive, discreet and physically fit. Besides, they should also have sound communication skills apart from displaying a sympathetic attitude towards elderly people. Most importantly, a competent aged care worker should be outright professional by nature along with an optimistic viewpoint.
Lucrative Career Outcomes
Completion of the certificate iii in aged care course makes you eligible job roles. A brief introduction to some of these courses can be considered below.
- Registered Nurse: Registered nurses can work in aged care clinics, medical clinics and hospitals to encourage wellness amongst elderly people.
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN): An assistant in nursing assists doctors and nurses in medical organisations.
- Community Support Worker: Community support workers assist aged people in various set-ups like group and nursing homes etc.
- Aged Care Worker: Interchangeably known personal carer, an aged care worker provides home assistance by implementing a personal care plan.
- Residential Support Worker: Residential support worker can work both in group or aged care homes for disabled people.
You can also work as a respite worker after completing the certificate iii in aged care course. Presently, this is considered one of the most sought-after Aged Care Courses Perth.
So, apply for the best aged care course Perth i.e. the certificate III in aged care course immediately. Before that don’t forget to consider some of the crucial aspects concerning it.