Last Updated on March 16, 2023 by Ahmed Aftab
Certificate 3 in the individual support Perth course has been designed for entry-level workers. This allows them to work in places like hospitals, communal institutions, care facilities, and disability and community care centers. This course chiefly focuses on the job roles of several communities and residential aged care workers. It lets you provide care to elderly people who need assistance due to disability and aging. This course combines practical and theoretical training, including various skills and knowledge.
Crucial Things to Know About The Certificate III in Aged Care Course
Before applying for the Certificate 3 in Aged Care Course, you must learn some crucial facts. A complete checklist of these crucial aspects of the certificate iii in aged care course has been outlined below.
Noteworthy Eligibility Criteria
Both domestic and international applicants must comply with specific eligibility criteria without failure. These eligibility criteria for each category of students can be considered below.
- International Students: International students need to be 20 years old at the minimum. Alternatively, you should have completed a course equivalent to the 10th standard. You should prove minimum proficiency in English by cracking the IELTS test with a desired score of 5.5. Alternatively, it would be best if you effectively qualified in a Numeracy and Literacy test. Most importantly, it would be best if you were the holder of a substantial visa.
- Domestic Students: The Department of Human Services of Australia should approve the course. Besides, they should be at least 20 years old. They should also crack a substantial literacy and numeracy or an English language test. If you are eligible, you can also apply for a government-funded course.
Students may become eligible to get a payment from the Department of Human Services of Australia. To become eligible, students must meet the relevant requirements concerning the certificate iii in aged care course.
Crucial Responsibilities and Duties
The certificate III in aged care course prepares you for a range of responsibilities and duties. Following are some of the duties and responsibilities you need to manage as an aged care worker. A comprehensive checklist of these duties and responsibilities has been outlined below.
- You must live with the aged person who you are taking care of.
- You must shop and conduct errands for elderly people from time to time.
- You must provide emotional support, friendship, and company to the aged people you are looking after.
- Make sure you help these aged people maintain personal hygiene and dress up appropriately.
- As an aged care worker, you should also finish specific housekeeping tasks. These include cleaning and vacuuming etc.
- Do conduct several social activities out there successfully.
- Accompany the aged people during the activities of their daily life.
- Help aged people in making movements properly and
- Cook foods for aged people according to their nutritional requirements.
Remember that you need to dedicate the specified duration to complete this course successfully.
Ample Job Opportunities
Australia’s aged care Industry is the fastest growing at the moment. The number of people needing aged care professionals will double by the year 2050. About 179,000 job opportunities will become available within the next 5 years. This means that you will be offered myriads of job opportunities the moment you finish this course. In short, completion of this course ensures a prospective aged care career for you that too within a short time.
Requirement of Certain Skills and Qualities
As an aspiring aged care worker, there are specific skills and qualities which you must have. Generally, employers want patient, supportive, discreet, and physically fit aged care professionals. Besides, they should also have sound communication skills apart from displaying a sympathetic attitude towards elderly people. Most importantly, a competent aged care worker should be outright professional by nature, along with an optimistic viewpoint.
Lucrative Career Outcomes
Completing certificate iii in the aged care course makes you eligible for job roles. A brief introduction to some of these courses can be considered below.
- Registered Nurse: Registered nurses can work in aged care clinics, medical clinics, and hospitals to encourage wellness among elderly people.
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN): An assistant in nursing assists doctors and nurses in medical organizations.
- Community Support Worker: Community support workers assist aged people in various set-ups like group and nursing homes etc.
- Aged Care Worker: Interchangeably known personal carer, an aged care worker provides home assistance by implementing a personalized care plan.
- Residential Support Worker: Residential support workers can work in a group or aged care homes for disabled people.
After completing the certificate iii in aged care course, you can also work as a respite worker. Presently, this is considered one of the most sought-after Aged Care Courses Perth.
A Quick Overview
Certificate III in Aged Care Course is a popular course among individuals who are interested in working in the aged care industry. However, before embarking on this course, there are a few things that you should know to make an informed decision.
Firstly, Certificate III in Aged Care Course is a comprehensive program that covers a wide range of topics related to aged care. The course typically includes topics such as communication skills, infection control, personal care, dementia care, and palliative care.
Secondly, it is important to note that the course involves theoretical and practical components. Students will be required to complete hands-on training in a real-life aged care setting, such as a nursing home or aged care facility.
Thirdly, Certificate III in Aged Care Course requires significant commitment and dedication. Students must attend classes regularly, complete assessments on time, and actively participate in practical training.
Fourthly, students who complete Certificate III in Aged Care Course will be eligible to work in a range of roles within the aged care industry, such as aged care worker, personal care assistant, and support worker.
So, apply for the best aged care course Perth i.e. the certificate III in aged care course, immediately. Before that, don’t forget to consider some of its crucial aspects.