As the world recovers from the global pandemic, the tourism industry is rejoicing, picking up business, slowly but surely. Frequent travelers and holidaymakers around the world are happy as well to get back to planning their dream vacation real soon. This is why we list here in this post some of the best holiday spots to choose from this year, if you’re planning a vacation in 2022.
Also note that Luxury Escapes offers a complete tour package, complete with flight and hotel bookings and information on places to see at the following destinations. You can also choose to book a luxury hotel or a cruise tour via our daily updated travel app.
Top Vacation Destinations to Enjoy in 2022
- Italy – There’s so much to experience in the breathtaking country of Italy – its charming countryside, gorgeous Trabocchi sea coast, as well a number of scenic spots that can lure any traveler. Not to forget, the world-famous Italian cuisine, which draws tourists in large numbers to not just Italy but any Italian restaurant anywhere in the world!
Imagine what it would be like to taste this delectable cuisine right in the land from where it originated. Another major attraction for visitors in 2022 is a cycling and pedestrian pathway being constructed along the Adriatic Sea, offering a beautiful view of the sea to passers-by.
- Alaska – This is another tourist spot opening its borders to international tourists. The state boasts of snow-capped mountains and vast areas of national parks that allow you to experience wildlife in its natural habitat from close quarters. If you’re looking to enjoy tranquility at its best, then Alaska is the place for you to vacation in 2022.
- Bahamas – It has long been loved for its clear sea beaches, golden sands and scenic landscapes, but this year there’s even more to look forward to if you’re planning a holiday in the beautiful land of Bahamas. The island is coming up with a water park for tourists, where you can enjoy everything to do with water – a slow river as well as a surf simulator.
To enhance the experience, you can also take a cruise to visit the outer islands of this nation, where you’ll get an opportunity to relish some local delicacies too – from conch and stew fish to rock lobster.
- Mexico – The city has long been known to attract visitors to its gourmet cuisine, creative art, and vibrant nightlife. All of this is picking up this year post-pandemic with Mexico City slowly witnessing an upsurge in tourist numbers in 2022.
If you’re on vacation here, you’d love to travel through the Xochimilco Floating Gardens, where the lively music and fun rides are a major attraction for locals and tourists alike. Don’t forget the once-in-a-lifetime experience of riding a hot air balloon over the Teotihuacan Pyramids.
- Canada – For history lovers, Alberta in Canada is the place to be because here you’re sure to get a thorough colorful view of the state’s rich culture, traditional festivals and ancient museums. And that’s not all. Canada’s vast outdoor expanse satisfies even the outdoor adventure lovers, with ample opportunities for cycling, river touring, and even camping.
A major highlight of your Alberta vacation is the “peak-nic” tour. It’s a one-of-a-kind memorable experience – a combination of a lovely hike, cooking lessons in backcountry cuisine, and a fun gourmet picnic.
- Peru – This hidden gem in South America is best known for Huacachina, the coastal desert town where you can find the second-highest sand dune in the world. This is what makes it attractive for a vacation in Peru in 2022 – a chance to explore the desert experience in the South American mainland.
Those wanting an adrenaline rush are sure to love the thrills at Cerro Blanco, a 3,860-foot desert, where you can enjoy everything from dune buggies to sand boarding. Don’t forget to enjoy the sunrise and sunset views at the desert – an experience of a lifetime during your vacation in Peru.
- Phuket – The island in Thailand is one of the most sought-after vacation destinations in South East Asia in 2022. The reason being that Phuket has everything from a luxury guest to a budget traveler. You just can’t have enough of the island – the beauty of its crystal-clear beaches, the gourmet cuisine on its sunset bars and lavish restaurants, and an unforgettable journey to the offshore islands.
And to complete your luxury retreat at Phuket, you’ll find tons of hotel options with the choicest luxurious amenities for the high-end traveler. Stay in luxury villas with private pools and rooftop bars or beachfront resorts lining the sea waters.
Luxury Escapes can be your perfect partner to help you choose an unforgettable escape to any of the above destinations for your dream vacation in 2022.