Have you recently finished your studies either from Australia or from your home country? If your reply is yes, then apply for the temporary graduate visa subclass 485 right now. This is said because this visa lets you stay, work and study in Australia temporarily after your education’s completion. Furthermore, this visa has two separate streams i.e. the Graduate Work Stream and the Post Study Work Stream. You too can apply for this visa and attain your dream career in Australia.
A look at the two visa streams
Before getting into the career prospects of the Temporary Graduate Visa 485
, let’s learn comprehensively about its two visa streams.
The Post Study Work Stream
The Post Study Work Stream of the 485 visa is for offshore students who have graduated from an Australian institution. Applicants, who had applied for an Australian student visa after 5th November, 2011 can apply. You can stay in Australia with this visa stream for 2 to 4 years depending on your stay requirements.
The Graduate Work Stream VisaThe GWS of the visa subclass 485 is for students who have graduated with special
occupational skills and qualifications. It lets you stay, study and work in Australia for around 18 months from the date of your visa approval. The skills and qualifications that you have must be according to an occupation comprising the Australian Skilled Occupation List.
What can you do with this visa?
The visa subclass 485 allows you to stay, study and work in Australia temporarily depending on your visa stream. Your family members can also stay with you with the visa 485 if they wish. With this visa, you need to secure an employment all by yourself unlike asking for it from the Australian government.
Which is the perfect time to apply for the visa 485?
You should apply for the visa subclass 485 within 6 months from the completion of your course. Remember, the course which you have completed must be included in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
No matter which visa stream you have applied for, you must meet some basic eligibility criteria properly. Some of these eligibility criteria can be considered below.
- Meet all the requirements of the relevant visa stream you have applied for.
- You must be the holder of a valid Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Never miss out on meeting the various health and character requirements.
- Make sure that you are holding an eligible visa.
- As an applicant, meeting the age requirement is also important. So, you should be under 50 years of age to apply for the visa subclass 485.
- You should possess a sound understanding in the English language.
- Do comply with all the essential study requirements to apply for the visa subclass 485.
These were some of the fundamental criteria which you need to meet related to the visa subclass 485. These requirements may be somewhat less or more, depending on your visa stream.
Compliance with the English Language requirements
Regardless of which stream of the visa 485 you are applying for, you need to qualify in an English language test successfully. You can sit for any of the English language tests given in the bracket (CAE, PTE Academic, TOEFL, OET and IELTS).
Benefits of the visa subclass 485
In order to become eligible for the visa 485, you must have completed a program of 2 years (92 weeks). By obtaining this visa, you will be eligible for certain work rights. Not only this, but, you will also become eligible to apply for a permanent residency by applying for this particular visa.
Some of the basic documents which you have to submit for the 485 visa irrespective of its stream can be considered below.
- Documents which prove your compliance with all your health requirements.
- Documents which prove that you have met all your character requirements effectively.
- Essential documents which prove that you have qualified in your English language test successfully.
- A substantial National Police Certificate with a validity of at least 12 months. You need to collect this document from the Australian Federal Police.
- All the necessary documents which prove that you are holding a valid Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Important credentials which prove your actual identity. These include your birth certificate, the bio-data page of your passport and passport sized photos etc.
- Your marriage or divorce or marriage certificate to prove your current marital status.
Remember, if the name of an adopted child is included in your application then provide all the necessary adoption credentials.
Debt Clearance to the Australian Government
When applying for the graduate visa subclass 485, you should not owe any sort of debt to the Australian government. If any of your family members are applying with you, then, they should comply with this particular criterion as well.
What is the processing time of the visa 485?
The processing time of the visa subclass 485 depends on which particular stream you have chosen. There are also some other factors having an impact on the processing of your 485 visa application. These include the number of visas the Australian immigration department needs to process. It also depends on whether you have submitted an error free application along with all the necessary documents or not.
Compliance with all the study requirements
You also need to submit the completion letters to the DoHA to prove the successful completion of your graduation program. You need to collect these completion letters from your education provider. These completion letters should prove the location of your college/university. These documents should also state the commencement and conclusion dates of your graduation program.
Your completion letters should also prove the type of your course, whether part-time, full-time or a distance learning course. You need to submit these documents to the DoHA while applying for your 485 subclass visa.
So, this was a comprehensive guide about how the 485 graduate visa can enhance your career. You also learnt how to apply for the same effectively. You too can apply for the visa subclass 485 to contact Migration Agent Adelaide in Australia.