What is Overlord, and what is the Release Date of Overlord Season 4?
An anime television series based on the titular light novel series is called Overlord. A book authored by Kugane Maruyama and illustrated by So-Bin appeared in 2001. Produced by Madhouse, with scriptwriting by Yukie Sugawara and music composed by Shūji Katayama, the series was directed by Naoyuki Itō and utilized Yukie Sugawara as the scriptwriter. Overlord aired for four weeks on AT-X in Japan between July 7 and September 29, 2015.
During season two, which aired from January 10 to April 4, 2018, the show gained widespread recognition. A total of 13 episodes were filmed for the third season, which aired from July 11 to October 2, 2018. April 8, 2021, was the date announced to release a fourth season and an anime film. In addition to the staff and cast returning for season four.
Release Date of Overlord Season 4
Fans can finally look forward to the return of fan-favorite anime series ‘Overlord’ with its fourth season and original movie. The news was not surprising, especially after Kugane Maruyama’s comments at the 2019 AnimagiC convention, announcing the production of season 4 were “extremely likely.” Satoshi Hino and Yumi Hara, who play Ainz and Albedo, respectively, will reprise their roles for season four.
Despite the production’s inaction, Overlord is still set to return for its fourth season soon. But, unfortunately, the unlikely occurrence of a Coronavirus pandemic in the middle of season 4 has forced the project to be delayed indefinitely. There should be an official announcement sometime in 2022, but if fans are lucky, they might be privy to the official information of the show’s dates by the end of 2021.
What can we expect from Overlord season 4?
The Overlord series of novels was divided into three seasons. Five more novel volumes are left to be adapted for the anime since there are currently 14 volumes available. As part of the Overlord series, volumes 10, 11, and 12 will be covered in the fourth season. “The Ruler of Conspiracy” is the title of volume 10 of the series. Various races must collaborate for Ainz Ooal Gown’s kingdom to become a paradise for everyone. The Adventurer’s Guild was strengthened by Ainz turning toward the Empire to introduce this utopia.
The 10th volume also provides an overview of the rulers who ruled other countries. Ainz Ooal Gown and his newly formed nation are the targets of their constant plots. The eleventh volume has the title “The Dwarf’s Craftsman.” With the sole aim of recovering the lost rune magic, Ainz travels to the Dwarf Kingdom in this volume. Shalltear Bloodfallen and Aura Bella Fiora accompanied him on his mission. A Demon Emperor named Jaldabaoth is featured in this book.
What is the proper order of watching the Overlord anime, including the specials and movies?
Overlord Main Storyline
- In the 1st season of Overlord (episodes 1-13) or the Movies Overlord 1, the undead king, and 2 the dark warrior
- In the 2nd season of Overlord (episodes 14-26)
- Season 3 of Overlord (episodes 27–39)
Chibi spin-offs and all related episodes (funny but irrelevant)
- Overlord: Ple Ple Pleiades 1 (8eps, 3mins each)
- Overlord OVA (1ep, 30mins)
- Overlord Movie: Ple Ple Pleiades (2 programs, with Hamsuke and Doppelganger, released along with the Overlord movie), issued with Overlord movie CD
- The Ple Ple Pleiades 2 (13 episodes, 1:30mins each)
- Overlord: Ple Ple Pleiades 3 (13 episodes, each lasting one and a half hours)
Others/ CD drama story (audio stories, extra info mostly canon; Can be listened to after watching everything)
- Blu-ray 01–06 of Overlord
- Blu-rays 01-03 of Overlord ll
- Blu-ray 01–03 of Overlord lll
- Show Must Go On! (Right After volume 3)
- An Experiment in Understanding Human Beings (after volume 3)
- (Before volume 4) The Sealed Evil Tree
- From volume 4 to 5 (the Dark Hero’s Story)
- The Maid Tea Party (take place after killing the Gigant Basilisk in The Dark Hero’s Story)
When is Overlord season 4 coming out?
At this time, the Overlord Season 4 release date has not been officially announced. Only the fact that production has begun on a new anime season is mentioned in the announcement. There is much excitement among Overlord anime fans in anticipation of the series’ return in Season 4. The fact that Overlord has been adapted into a movie is even more intriguing.
Those who enjoy the novel would be happy to know that the 10th volume will be adapted in the upcoming season. It was confirmed by the illustrator, so-bin, who further stated that the staff is already working hard to prepare the tenth volume for animation. As well as its director returning to direct, the upcoming season will feature director Naoyuki Itou. As the manga is many chapters ahead of the anime, a 4th season is almost certainly in the works. The anime had its last episode on April 20, 2020; the manga finished the book one year earlier.However, after covid they took long breaks, it’ll be released in early 2021 or mid-2021.
Overlord Season 4 will have what plot?
“Overlord” begins with a human boy named Momonga getting transported into the world of an online massively multiplayer role-playing game (like “Runescape”). In essence, Momonga is Ainz rather than just controlling his character, called Ainz Ooal Gown. As a result, Momonga had an excellent playing style, and Ainz was a powerful character in the YGGDRASIL universe. In this way, YGGDRASIL’s world opens up to him, where instead of playing a traditional video game, he becomes a fantastical necromancer.
The Sorcerer Kingdom is the kingdom that Ainz has committed to rule at the end of Season 3. As the series progresses, Ainz’s dilemmas as the ruler of his kingdom are more or less the focus of future storylines in the “Overlord” series. Ainz must now strike a balance between pursuing war and finding peace with rival nations, which will be revealed in Volume 10 of the light novel series, which should be the basis for the beginning of Season 4.
In Overlord Season 4, who will be the cast member?
There is no sound confirmation yet of whether “Overlord” Season 4 will feature voice acting talent, should it be produced. However, if the series is resurrected, the same agents that have defined the series up until now will most likely appear.
Only Satoshi Hino has been featured in every episode of the series as the voice of Ainz. However, Hino’s most relevant role as Sai from “Naruto” is certainly notable. Furthermore, the passionate samurai Kyojuro in “Demon Slayer” and the volleyball captain Daichi in “Haikyuu!!” Yumi Hara voices albedo, Ainz’s closest ally, and closest NPC companion. Her previous work includes voicing characters in anime like “Val x Love” and video games such as “NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…”
In the Overlord anime series, which characters are the strongest?
In Overlord, some of the most powerful characters are as follows:
- Rubedo: It is Rubedo, the strongest sister of Albedo, Nigredo, and Nazarick, who lies in the Great Tomb of Nazarick.In addition to Cocytus, Albedo, and Sebas Tian, she is the strongest of all four close-combat residents of Nazarick.
- Ainz Ooal Gown (Momonga): Overlord series protagonist Lord Ainz Ooal Gown, or Momonga as he was initially called, is the group’s leader.Besides being the main character, he is also a highly experienced operative. Still, he remains powerful thanks to his general understanding of the situation, and he has the ability to design a strategy that is quite threatening.
- Pandora’s Actor: Momonga created Nazarick’s smartest NPC as an NPC; he has become one of the smartest in Nazarick today. Ainz Ooal Gown members are the experts at mimicking each other and can mimic their appearances and abilities using his miming skills. Aside from being powerful and discreet, he is also among the best guardians.
- Aureole Omega: It’s no surprise that the young battle maid Aureole is considered one of Ainz’s best warriors because she is both a fighter and an art expert. The Guardian of Nazarick’s Cherry Blossom Sanctuary, on Nazarick’s eighth floor, protects the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, supervises the teleportation gates within the Great Tomb of Nazarick.As an immortal human, Aureole has no age limit.
- Gargantua: When it comes to brute strength, Shalltear Bloodfallen is often compared to a golem NPC of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. Although Gargantua is stronger than Shalltear, Shalltear’s intelligence and will are higher since Gargantua cannot self-motivate.
Compared to anime, Overlord manga is a light novel series.
At the end of season three, Momonga/Ainz Ooal Gown showed why he is number one by taking on opponents. As a result, the fourth season writing challenge for Madhouse Animation has been put forward.
It looks like Studio Madhouse is sticking with a formula of adapting three books every season of Overlord. The episodes covering volumes 4 through 6 of the second season were also showcased during this season. After a chapter from Volume 6, “The Final Battle of the Disturbance” refers to the last battle of the disruption. The events in Season 3 of Overlord maintained this pacing, but many were reordered. Remember that after the third anime season, Overlord’s manga series reaches what would become the fourth. Toward the end of April 2021, Overlord Chapter 64 had Erya Uzruth facing Hamsuke in a story from Volume 7 of the light novel.
Fans of the anime will still enjoy reading the Overlord manga because it contains dialogue and jokes not found in the animated version. Nazarick and the fantasy world he lives in are much better captured in the novel series, which provides deeper insight into the character’s motivations.