If you want to publish a blog for your company, there are some best practices you should keep in mind regarding effective blog writing. Blogging has become a popular way for individuals and businesses to share their ideas, experiences, and knowledge with the world. But with so much content available online, it’s essential to ensure your blog stands out by crafting quality content.
Table of Contents
Tip # 1: Make a Plan
One of the biggest challenges many organizations face with blogging results from a lack of planning. According to research from Orbit Media, for instance, it takes more than 3 hours to write an average blog post of a little more than 1,100 words.
When it comes to blogging, your plan is, in effect, your content calendar. Without a content calendar, what is the likelihood you can not only identify a topic relevant to your brand, but also write it all in one day?
When building a content calendar, you need to think ahead in terms of months as opposed to weeks. While 6 months is great, you ideally want a plan in place for the next 12 months. You can always change topics and due dates, but having a plan in place at the beginning will provide you with more structure and focus. A well-crafted content calendar can also help encourage ideas that may translate into marketing campaigns that complement your blogs.
Tip # 2: Write Often
If you want your blogs to be effective, you need to be consistent with publishing them. One blog per month, for example, is simply not going to cut it. According to HubSpot, organizations that produce and publish 11 or more blogs on a monthly basis get more than four-times as many leads as those who only blog four or five times each month.
Blogs, however, are more than tools for marketing. Rather, they can be used effectively as an internal communication tool, especially if paired with SMS text messaging. If you are looking to build a cohesive organizational culture, a steady stream of blogs that share company news and updates reinforced with SMS reminders can help create one.
The key takeaway here is that you need to write often. It is not only a good idea from a brand engagement perspective; it is important for SEO purposes, too.
Tip # 3: Write Well
Sure, quantity is important, but nothing should compromise the quality of your blogs. Frankly, everyone is inundated with content, so it is important to differentiate your company blog with the quality of its writing.
If you focus on quality, it will also make it easier to have effective SEO, which is half the point if the purpose of your blog is to build awareness of your brand. When people land on your blog, for instance, you do not want them to be underwhelmed by the (lack of) quality of your writing.
If you use your blog as an internal communication tool, then well-written content will encourage your employees to keep checking the company blog. You can also use SMS to remind them where to look for the latest company news. Writing well also means picking interesting subjects, and so you should spend some time researching your proposed subjects. Great writing will not save a boring subject.
Effective Blog Writing: The Benefits of Crafting Quality Content
Here are some reasons why effective blog writing is beneficial.
- Boosts Website Traffic: When you consistently produce high-quality blog posts, you increase the likelihood of attracting readers to your website, leading to increased traffic and visibility.
- Establishes Authority: Blogging is an excellent way to demonstrate expertise on a particular subject matter. When you provide valuable and informative content, you establish yourself as an authority in your field.
- Improves SEO: Search engines like Google prioritize websites that publish valuable content regularly. By optimizing your blog posts with relevant keywords, you can improve your website’s search engine ranking, which in turn drives more traffic to your site.
- Builds Relationships with Your Audience: Engaging with your readers through blog comments, social media, and email is an excellent way to build a community around your blog. You can foster relationships and turn readers into loyal followers by providing valuable content and engaging with your audience.
- Increases Brand Awareness: Blogging is a powerful tool for increasing brand awareness. By consistently producing quality content, you can increase your brand’s visibility and establish yourself as an authority in your industry.
Whether you are looking to market your business better or enhance your organizational culture, a well-planned blog requires time and resources. Give it time, though, and you will reap the rewards. The key is to give the strategy time to work (think 12 months).
If your focus on blog writing is more on the marketing side of the equation, consider advertising to get more eyes on your blog. The organic traffic will follow. As time passes, the results will scale, and you will see the true benefits of effective blog writing.