If you are reading this, you want to sell your house fast. And one of the best ways to sell your house fast is selling it to companies that buy houses for cash near you. But how to sell a house by owner in Michigan to cash companies?
You can find many We Buy House companies in Michigan that can buy your house as-is for cash and let you close your sale quickly, mostly in a week or two. So, if you want to sell a house by owner in Michigan quickly, We Buy House companies may be the right option for you.
The pros and cons of cash companies
Companies that buy houses for cash in Michigan work in a simple manner. They send one of their local associates to your home to gauge its worth and based on your home’s condition make you a no-obligation cash offer.
The offer is generally non-negotiable and if you decide to move forward with the offer, you can close the sale quickly, mostly within a month’s time. Generally, the cash companies included all fees like commissions, closing costs, etc. in their offer. Look at some of the pros and cons of companies that buy houses for cash near you:
Pros of We Buy House for Cash companies
Below are the advantages of working with cash companies:
- The biggest advantage of companies that buy houses for cash near you is their transaction speed. It takes about 52 days to close a home sale. But cash companies can close your home sale much faster than that. You can expect to close the sale easily within a month.
- Another big advantage when you sell your house by owner in Michigan with top cash companies in the state is that the deal will definitely work out. When working with a traditional buyer, your home sale can fall flat for many reasons like the buyer’s financing not getting approved, etc. However, when you work with cash companies, you can be sure to have money in your hand by the end of the month. It frees up your mind for other important things in your life.
- The top cash companies in Michigan buy your home ‘as is’. So, you don’t have to take the pain of getting your home ready for sale and hoping to recover the money from the sale. But in case your home needs significant repairs, the cash companies will deduct the estimated repair cost from your home’s value before making an offer.
Cons of We Buy House for Cash companies
Below are the disadvantages of working with cash companies:
- As a Michigan homeowner, you’d be better off listing your home on the open market. This is because cash companies make a way lower offer than what you could get by selling your home to a traditional buyer. Cash companies intend to upgrade your house and resell it at a premium so you can’t expect top dollar for your home from them.
- You may get a low first offer for your home from cash companies. So, before you finalize a cash company in Michigan, you must get multiple offers to compare options and get a fair price for your home. The offers from cash companies are far under market value and you can only expect to get 50% to 70% of what you could get on the market.
- In a normal real estate deal, you can negotiate with the potential buyers of your home and can even start a bidding war if you get multiple offers to drive up the price. But if you sell your house with a cash company, you only get one ‘take it or leave it’ offer. The offers from cash companies are non-negotiable.
Should you consider selling your house on the market?
While you can sell your house fast to a cash company, you must not overlook the option of selling your home by listing it on the open market because there are chances of finding better value for your home on the market. Realtors or flat fee MLS companies can help you find a buyer for your home quickly while attracting top dollar for your home.
Before accepting an offer from one of the companies that buy houses for cash near you, you must get your home evaluated by a local real estate agent. You can get the opinion of an agent on your home’s value and the expected time in which it could sell in the market. By consulting with a realtor, you can ensure that you keep the most equity from your home sale while still selling it as per your timeline.
Most local realtors have a good idea of their local markets and even know local cash buyers and can help you find a good cash company to sell your home fast. With her help, you can get good cash offers from local cash companies with good reputations. An agent can even help you understand your home selling options well so that you can find the best way to sell your home within your time frame and for as much money as possible.
How much do cash companies in Michigan pay?
Before wondering how to sell a house by owner in Michigan, you must know how much they could pay you. Companies that buy houses for cash in Michigan normally use the 70% rule, which says not to pay over 70% of a home’s after-repair value, minus the repair costs. You can get a rough idea of your home’s after-repair value by looking at the listing prices of homes comparable to yours in your neighborhood renovated recently.
The median home listing price in Michigan is around USD 275,000. So, if a cash company believes that your home will be worth USD 275,000 after making some necessary repairs costing them USD 50,000, they would pay you about USD 142,500.
Top 4 companies that buy houses for cash in Michigan
Below are the top 4 companies that buy houses for cash in Michigan:
If you are looking for good cash offers to choose from, Houzeo is your best option. To get a great exposure and reach the maximum number of cash buyers, you can list your home using Houzeo. Companies like Homevestors and Opendoor submit their cash offers on Houzeo as well. You can market your properties in any condition on Houzeo Marketplace and can even specify and negotiate the closing terms you want. You can avail of the services of Houzeo at a fee of USD 349 and the real estate company doesn’t charge any other service fee, commission or any undisclosed closing fee.
2. We Buy Houses Michigan
This nationwide brand can be one of the best companies that buy houses for cash near you. We Buy Houses Michigan makes an offer within a timeframe of one to two days. You can close your home sale within one or two weeks after accepting the offer. The speed and ease of transactions offered by the company are also good.
3. Cash for Michigan Houses
Cash for Michigan Houses is another good cash company in Michigan that will buy your house in whatever condition it is in. The agents of the company are never too far away from you to have a look at your home. You get a guaranteed offer from this company and can decide when you want to close the sale.
4. We Buy Ugly Houses
We Buy Ugly Houses by HomeVestors is a popular nationwide cash buyer company that also operates in Michigan. Past sellers through We Buy Ugly Houses praise its services like flexibility in closing and easy transactions.
You can set up a home evaluation right after calling the company and expect a complete offer from them. It may take up to three weeks to close with the company. Also, there is no room for negotiation in the initial offer proposed by the company.
To sum it up
Cash companies are great for you if you need to sell your house quickly even if you have to leave a lot of money on the table.
If your home needs huge repairs for which you don’t have the finances or if you want to sell your house quickly for reasons like foreclosure or divorce, selling it to a reality we buy a house for cash company is your best option.