Last Updated on February 28, 2023 by admin
Table of Contents
Who is Fiddlesticks Aram?
Fiddlesticks, the Harbinger of Doom, is one of the most popular champions in ARAM. His kit is handy to secure kills and other objectives – like Baron or Dragon. It gives long-term benefits. And with his ultimate Crowstorm, he can engage in team fights from a safe distance, making him versatile and valuable for any team.
For this reason, Fiddlesticks Aram is usually banned or picked right away because he interacts well with other champions (like Orianna) and counters many strong picks (like Darius). Also, his abilities give him great survivability combined with items like Zhonya’s Hourglass and Guardian Angel. As if it weren’t already, the combination of Dark Wind, Terrify, and Drain makes him a very annoying opponent that is hard to kill.
Abilities of Fiddlesticks Aram
But not only his kit makes Fiddlesticks powerful. His high base damages and scaling AP damage on his abilities are very useful in the midgame to burst down enemies. And last but not least, he has excellent mobility with Terrify on short cooldowns and Crowstorm. While moving through the map, it also leaves some damage behind. All this together makes him one of the best picks in “randomized” games. Fiddlesticks ARAM has a win rate of about 51.94% in Platinum+ on Patch 12.20, coming in at rank 63 of 161, and has a B+ grade in the LoL Tier list.
Tips while playing with Fiddlesticks Aram
Fiddlesticks are vital at every point of the game, so it’s essential to know when you can play aggressively or passively while playing against him. But keep in mind: If you want to fight him, don’t get too close to his Drain.
- If you want to avoid dying by Fiddlesticks’ Crowstorm, try not to bunch up with your teammates. It makes it harder for him to hit multiple targets and makes it easier for your Janna or other champions with AoE-CC. So if you know he’s in the area, make sure not to stay too close together – spread out a bit while moving between lanes!
- Fiddlesticks’ Terrify can be hard to deal with for many champions due to its long duration of 2 seconds. It also gives a vision that prevents any enemy from hiding in the fog of war until the effect is over. This ability alone can be hard to play against since you should not underestimate the range.
- Fiddlesticks can also drain life from their opponents, which can be used as an advantage during trades or fights if your opponent hasn’t got any means of sustain because it makes him drain health, too, while Fiddlesticks still gets his mana back.
- With Dark, Wind Fiddlesticks can deal AoE damage to multiple opponents in one cast.
- When playing against or with Fiddlesticks, he can mitigate incoming damage, making him harder to kill. He can escape from dangerous situations thanks to his high movement speed and drain. As a result of his passive, he can recover health. Rylai’s Crystal Scepter and the Rod of Ages also enhance this effect.
Fiddlesticks as the ultimate game
Fiddlesticks ultimate might be one of the strongest engage/disengage spells in League of Legends because it deals significant AoE damage after channeling for 1 second. The most important feature of this spell is that it knocks up all enemies in the area, making it hard to escape since his Terrify already slows them down.
- Combined with Flash, Crowstorm allows Fiddlesticks’ team to catch fleeing or hidden enemies because it still goes through walls even when the target is not visible anymore – like Nocturne’s Paranoia does.
- The fiddlesticks kit makes him an excellent tanky AP support with CC and AoE damage. However, he has no mana or spells in ARAM, so it’s essential to know how well he can trade in this mode.
- Fiddlesticks can set up swindles for their mid-lane or jungle teammates, which is very strong with Flash and Dark Wind. It makes him a great roamer and an excellent ignorant when combined with his CC abilities.
- Fiddlesticks is an excellent champion for ARAM because his Terrify and AoE damage can be used to protect your team while dealing significant damage to the enemy team. He can also set up swindles with Flash or Dark Wind.
Fiddlesticks Aram: Facts to know
Fiddlesticks needs good CC (Cooldown Reduction) to channel his ultimate, so attack speed runes like Sorcery’s Transcendence shine here. It also makes sense to pick 3 out of 4 minor runes that grant a 1% Cooldown Reduction each – or one single Major Rune that Exposes Weakness with 5% CDR.
Although Fiddlesticks doesn’t need Attack Damage, his teammates must do as much damage as possible. Three points in Sorcery’s Triumph help because Fiddlesticks benefits from the movement speed buff.
Magic Penetration runes are great on any AP to carry and help deal significantly more damage during trades and fights. Since you should focus on killing the enemy team as fast as possible, you should take all three Minor Runes Absolute Focus. The one point in the presence of mind might be worth taking if you don’t use Flash (or Ignite or Teleport) very often, even though that’s never bad to pick up because the bonus of playing Blue Buff on Fiddlesticks isn’t that great.
The best way to deal more damage is by reducing your Cooldowns as much as possible. It includes spells like Terrify and Crowstorm, which you need to use frequently to engage or disengage from fights.
As a tanky initiator, it’s always good having a lot of HP – so taking 5 Health Quintessences might help you stay longer in team fights. If you’re feeling squishier, take 3 Health Quints and 2 Magic Resist ones, but only if you don’t need the magic penetration.
If one of your opponents has an Armor Rune, you should focus on Lifesteal instead of Attack Damage because Fiddlesticks won’t do much damage to them anyway due to his lack of AD scaling.