Last Updated on July 16, 2022 by azamqasim
Studying abroad gives us new growth in our lives by allowing us to learn about different cultures, gain self-confidence, see the world through different visions, and most likely, have great Career Opportunities. According to a report for 2021, around 1 million Indian students are studying abroad. The job market is more open for students studying abroad than in India. The facilities and education system are better abroad.
5 Exams for Studying Abroad
Thousands of candidates fly overseas to pursue higher education. It also helps students get a scholarship by good performance in any subject.
1.IELTS – International English Language Testing System
English is considered the most commonly used language from business to entertainment. Most countries require this “International English Language Testing System” to check the students’ proficiency in English.
- Five countries that approve this test are – Canada, New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening are the primary skills examined during the exam.
- There are two types of tests for IELTS – IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
- Anyone can apply for this test, but those under the age of 16 are not allowed.
2.GRE – Graduate Record Examination
Due to the COVID-19 new offer, the candidate can take the test at home, while Proctors will monitor the test. Students who wish to pursue a master’s, specialized master’s in business, MBA, J.D., or doctoral degree can apply for the exam.
- The Education Testing Service conducts this exam.
- The two types of GRE tests are – General and Subject tests.
- The validity of this exam is only five years.
- Analytical Writing Section, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Reasoning comprise the exam sections.
3.GMAT – Graduate Management Admission test
Conducted by various business schools, there are no limitations for giving exams. Candidates aged above or between 13 and 17 years are eligible to take the exam, but parents need to approve the student’s agreement to take the exam. Candidates can take the exams five times throughout the year and eight times in a lifespan.
- The test comprises four sections – Quantitative Reasoning, integrated reasoning, analytical writing, and verbal reasoning.
- The test allocates eight hundred total points and is for three-and-a-half hours.
- Around 2,00,000 candidates take these exams every year.
- Around 2,100 institutes worldwide use the Graduate Management Admission Test scores.
4.SAT – Scholastic Assessment Test
It was established in 1926. Undergraduate school students who want to study abroad are eligible to take this exam. It is published and maintained by the College Board, a nonprofit organization in the US.
- Pencil and paper tests are taken by students who wish to apply for undergraduate programs in the US.
- The test duration is three hours and comprises three sections: reading, mathematics, and writing and language.
- The total score for the test ranges between 400 – 1600, and students can take the test 5 times a year in India.
5.MCAT – Medical College Admission Test and LSAT – Law school Admission Test
The United States, Canada, Australia, and the Caribbean Islands are the countries for students who want to take the MCAT. Even though it is not conducted in India, one can still appear for the same. Candidates can give 3 tests annually, 4 tests in 2 years, and 7 tests in a lifespan.
LSAT was established in 1948. According to the latest update, the LSAT exam for 2022 will be conducted in June. Due to COVID-19, an online exam will be conducted named LSAT-FLEX. It will be managed on behalf of the USA by Pearson VUE. The total score will be between 120 and 180.
- Both MCAT and LSAT are graduate admission exams for professional schools.
- The MCAT is for admission to medical schools, and the LSAT is for admission to law schools.
- Students can apply for both the tests with their specialization.
- Both tests check students’ knowledge and aptitude for the desired subject.
Studying abroad is beneficial and full of great opportunities. It helps one experience a different teaching style and enjoy the versatility of the world. The students can travel and explore foreign lands and learn about new cultures and perspectives.
Read More: 7 Benefits of online system software