If you love sarees, that is nice. What type of sarees do you wear? Come on, whether it is silk or any other fabric; you must be thoughtful about the colours you choose. A lot has been talked about choosing the right type of shade and skin tone, or about a specific colour which emphasizes your skin tone. Sometimes you act so fussy regarding colours while shopping, however, have you ever really wondered what shade is perfect for your skin tone or actually why you look so dull in one shade and the brightest in the other colour like green sarees?
The reason is your overall skin tone and your undertones. Evaluating your overall undertones as warm and cool appears to be confusing sometimes. To evade such complications, skin tones are forked in four categories: Light, Medium, Olive and even Dark. No matter your skin is pale, medium, fair or even that of dark, picking sarees as per your skin tone can help you in a good way to always look perfect.
Table of Contents
Light skin tone
In case you own a fair skin colour then it may have either warm undertone like red, peach, pink or even that of cool undertones such as green, blue, etc. With no shade at all in your cheeks.
- Sarees in beige and that of tan shades are great for you.
- Shades like emerald olive, green, darker shades of blue and wine will underline your skin.
- Light shade sarees such as pink, red and green are finest suited for you.
- White and black are ideal for warm undertones.
- Evade sarees in neon colours as these shades will clash with your skin making them appear too pale.
Medium skin tone
In case you have a medium skin tone that you should evade colours that may hide your skin tone. You must think more of the contrast as contrasting colours would underline your skin tone.
- Prefer sarees in brighter and that of deeper hues like dark red, that of olive, electric blue, turquoise, emerald green, that of deep purple and even pink.
- Neon shades are perfect for folks having medium-skin tone.
- The blue family act great for medium skin tone.
- Metallic shades are formed up for this skin colour.
- Do not wear browns, beige, and blacks as it will make your skin tone unflattering.
- Don’t go for shades of grey and other darker hues.
- Stay away from sarees in peaches, oranges, caramel and very pale shades.
Olive skin colour
In case you’ve an olive skin colour you can wear any colour from neon to that of pastels, from metallic to neutrals. Olive skin colour can simply pull off any colour. Each and every colourappears flattering on your skin tone.
- The best colour for olive skin is pink. Hence, prefer bright colours.
- Go for the sarees in brighter colours of orange, red and lime. The point is these shades will bring out your undertones in an ideal manner
- Metallic, Whites, and neon would appear fabulous on you.
- Nearly all the colours are perfect for medium skin colour. Shades of grey should be avoided.
For cool type of undertone
- Sarees in shades of pink and wine are perfect for you.
- You can choose gold , emerald, and darker colures of blue.
- Evade metallic colours.
- Do not wear that of black and white sarees as they’ll make you appear pale.
- Avoid neon colours.
Similarly, even then if you want to wear a saree that has these shades, you can go for a combination of colours and ensure that you have a balanced look.
For Dark skin tone
You require to make a quite a little effort in order to make people notice you. First of all, avoid wearing all types of the shades that match your skin tone. Brighter shades, that of pastels and neon shades are ideal for your skin tone.
- Pastel shades of orange, purple, pink and blue are great for your skin tone.
- Brighter types like electric blue, orange and bright red are going to look amazing on your skin.
- Metallic shades like gold and silver are finest for you.
- You can do experiment with khadi shades
- You can also choose to wear the sarees in lighter colours of beige.
- A big no for the white shade
- Avoid wearing darker types of shades.
- Do not wear sarees that are in brown and grey.
Why should you be so thoughtful about shades of sarees you wear?
There are so many options in sarees to choose from. You can find different designs, textures, patterns and even materials as per your choice. But one thing that you do wrong is you sometimes miss out on the colours. Maybe the stunning looking yellow saree is appearing amazing on a person. It does not mean it would look the same on you. There is a basic difference of skin type tone which matters.
Once you wear the sarees keeping in mind the skin tone you have, you often make the choices that are perfect for you. You choose the shades in colours that enhance your charm, personality and overall looks. You can be confident that you wear the sarees that are brilliant in their presence and charm. Of course, no matter how designing, elaborated or heavy a saree for you is; if the shade is not going well with your skin type; everything would stand useless.
Moreover, even a simple silk saree would look so elegant and royal on you if you have picked a shade that is as per your skin tone. Sometimes, it is not about the designs or patterns; it is more about the basic shade it is in.
To sum up, you can check out the variety of sarees in different shades and designs and budgets at snapdeal. Once you walk through the options, you would find amazing looking green shaded sarees along with different other colour options.