Last Updated on November 24, 2022 by Tayyaba Khan
These days a wedding is a big thing, and most people are concerned about the venue, menus, wardrobes and many other things. And don’t look at the paperwork involved in the marriage and legal side of it. Well, you don’t want to get into all that, then there is an option for you. Get married in the Arya Samaj Mandir and save a lot of money.
Swami Dayananda Saraswati found Arya Samaj society and it has impacted the Indian traditions and culture hugely. Arya Samaj is all about simplicity, and the marriages are based on the Hindu Brahmin weddings.
Let’s look at how you can get married Arya Samaj way and how to apply for the registration of marriage in Delhi.
Table of Contents
First, we will look at the eligibility of marriage for Arya Samaj temples.
The bride and groom must be 18 and 21, respectively, and the couple must belong to the Hindu, Buddha, Sikh, or Jain religion to have their marriage. If they are from another religion, then they will have to go through a process called Shuddhi and get converted. But you are not forced for this process, and you have to do it out of your own free will. So, if you are Muslim, Christian, Jew, or Parsi, then you have to go through the Shuddhi process.
The List of Required Documents for Arya Samaj Marriage:
- A Proof of age such as a High School Certificate, Pan Card, or Birth Certificate
- Address Proof such as Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Voter ID card, or Passport, etc.
- 4 Passport Size Photos of both Bride and Groom.
- ID Proofs of witnesses.
Make sure you carry the photocopy of all the documents along with the original ones. All these documents will be submitted at Arya Samaj Mandir before the date of marriage.
If there is a special, you need to bring the additional documents that are listed here below:
- The death certificate (original) of the spouse in case of a widow or widower.
- The degree of divorce if any of the couple is divorcee.
You must present valid documents to get married in Arya Samaj temple. You would need to present the DOB certificate for the couple and permanent address proof as well. After that, you would need two witnesses and four photographs of each person.
And then you can go and book your spot for the wedding in the Arya Samaj temple. The wedding of Arya Samaj usually takes 1 to 2 hours, and you are done. After that, they will provide you with a certificate from the temple that can be used to register your marriage with the government in Delhi.
Procedure to register a marriage in Delhi
To get the Arya Samaj marriage registration in Delhi, you need to follow these steps.
- First, you have to be eligible for the marriage and then go to a sub-divisional magistrate and submit the application form.
- You will also need to submit all the related documents, photographs and marriage certificate you got from Arya Samaj.
- Then, the court or office will verify those documents, and it may take some time.
- And you must have at least one witness present in the marriage registrar office.
- After the marriage registration is successful, you will receive the marriage certificate immediately.
How to Register and Arya Samaj Marriage
Your registration will be completed under the Hindu Marriage act as you are coming from Arya Samaj. For the registration, you will have to pay 100 rupees for the Hindu Marriage Act. You can pay that fees to the cashier and attach the receipt of the fee along with all the documents. The Arya Samaj certificate that you receive after the solemnization of marriage, would help you register your marriage. Only after registration, your marriage will be considered legal as Arya Samaj Certificate does not act as a legal proof.
Now, let’s discuss the most important thing; how much time it will take to get a marriage certificate. FYI, it takes around 15 days for them to verify your documents and then you will get your certificate if your marriage will be registered under Hindu Marriage Act. But if your marriage will be registered under the special marriage act, it will take around 30 days to get the marriage certificate.