Last Updated on April 4, 2022 by azamqasim
The time for growing winter root vegetables is finally over, making way for the spring season. Now it is time for some light crops that will seamlessly pop right out of the ground. However, the number of choices in spring vegetables is many, and finding the right types of vegetable plants is not easy.
There are many factors to consider, such as the nutritional properties, benefits of consuming seasonal vegetables, and even the quality of seeds. Therefore, here is a list of some vegetables you can plant this spring with fine quality seeds from S&W Seed Co.
Table of Contents
- Okra is one of the best vegetables you can grow at home as they do not require much effort, and they taste amazing. The vegetable is highly rich in vitamin A making it ideal for the warm season that awaits. You can even prepare Okra in many ways, be it curry or fries; they all taste amazing for a healthy and nutritious meal.
- Capsicums are the ideal choice if you are looking for a vegetable to grow in the late spring months. In addition, capsicums are widely known for their richness in vitamin C, E, and A. These plants will require about 4-5 hours of sunlight each day, and the best time to grow capsicum plants is between March and July. However, in certain areas with a humid climate, you can grow capsicum plants all year long.
- There is no shortage of different variants when it comes to gourds. Some well-known gourds include bitter groud, apple gourd, round gourd, bottle gourd, and more. Gourd plants are ideally suited to be grown in the spring season as there is plenty of sunshine and even much-needed rain. Gourd plants can grow very well in late springs and even early summers.
- Peas are another excellent plant you can grow in your home garden. It is worth mentioning that green peas conventionally prefer cooler weather, but they can thrive as long as 6-7 hours of direct sunlight. The best time to start growing green peas is from February to April in the early spring months. In addition, these plants generally require two to three months to create pods. You should also install some stakes near these plants so they can cling to them when growing and climbing upwards.
- Fresh and juicy cucumbers are the perfect vegetable to grow in the spring and consume during the hot summer months. You can grow the best-tasting cucumbers as long as you can find good quality cucumber seeds from Australian seed and turf while ensuring the plants get 6-7 hours of sunlight. Therefore, make sure to pick a sunny spot and plant the seeds in a row with a gap of five to six feet apart.
These are some of the best vegetable plants you can easily grow in your home garden and reap the nutritional perks. Therefore, get some good quality seeds from a trusted supplier like S&W Seed Co and grow the vegetable of your choice.