Last Updated on January 16, 2022 by azamqasim
With the ability to fully support VPN configuration, iPhone users can bypass several geo-restriction streaming platforms and watch the best movies and shows from anywhere.
For example, if you are in America and wish to watch TV NZ from New Zealand, with few taps, you’d be able to stream it with a New Zealand IP address.
However, knowing what to watch is equally important as knowing how to watch. Therefore, keep yourself updated with your favourite New Zealand channel’s programming schedule with TV Guide NZ.
The “screen mirroring” capability is another fantastic tool that iPhone provides to its users. iPhone owners may share their screen with a Mac or any other device with a bigger display. This function allows you to enjoy whatever you’re doing on your iPhone on a bigger screen anywhere.
Let’s look at the methods by which you can share your streams, videos, audio, photos, and more from iPhone to Mac.
Permit Mac to allow streaming from iPhone
Before you can start screen mirroring something from your iPhone onto your Mac, you have to set up your Mac in a way that allows streaming from iPhone.
Let’s look at the steps for it right here:
- Go to the Apple Logo at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Go to Sharing and select AirPlay Receiver.
- If the AirPlay Receiver isn’t turned on, click on the checkbox next to it.
- Choose any one option for “Allow Airplay.”
- Select the “Current User” option if you wish to allow for devices signed in with the same Apple ID.
- Select the option “Anyone on the same network” or “Everyone” to allow for every device on the same network.
- If you want to use a password for using AirPlay with the Mac, select that option and enter your desired password.
If you lose the option of “Anyone on the same network”, AirPlay will require authorization on the Mac as well as the other device. On the Mac, you can accept the AirPlay request, but on the other device, you will have to enter a specific code generated on the Mac.
Stream video from iPhone onto your Mac
To stream videos directly from your iPhone to your Mac, follow the steps below:
- While watching videos on your iPhone, tap on the screen.
- Tap on the AirPlay button and select your Mac device.
- To view the video playback controls on the Mac, move the pointer over the video playing on the Mac.
- You can also change the playback device by selecting a different AirPlay option on your iPhone.
View photos from iPhone onto your Mac
To view the photos from iPhone onto your Mac, follow the steps below:
- Launch your Photos application.
- Tap on the photo you wish to view onto your Mac.
- Tap on the Share button.
- Select the AirPlay button, then choose the Mac as the playback destination.
If you wish to stop viewing photos from iPhone onto your Mac, press the AirPlay button on the top of the iPhone screen, then tap Turn off AirPlay.
Play audio from iPhone onto your Mac
To listen to all sorts of audio from iPhone onto your Mac, follow the steps below:
- Launch an audio application such as Spotify, Music, or Podcast.
- Play your audio clip.
- Tap the Playback Destination button, then choose a playback destination.
How Can you mirror iPhone onto Mac
To completely mirror your iPhone device onto your Mac, follow the steps below:
- Launch Control Center on your iPhone.
- Press the Screen Mirroring button, select your Mac device as the playback destination.
To revert to iPhone, press the Stop Mirroring option from Control Center.
More about iPhone
iPhone is a brand of smartphone manufactured by Apple Inc. They operate on the iOS mobile operating system. The very first concept of the iPhone was introduced by non-other than the visionary Steve Jobs on January 9, 2007.
Since then, Apple Inc. hasn’t looked behind and released new iPhones and models each year.
iPhone has also built its user interface on a multi-touch screen perspective like every other smartphone. As a result, you can connect an iPhone to a mobile network or Wi-Fi and make calls, browse the internet, snap photos, create videos, and do many other things.
Since its inception, Apple has been several changes and improvements in iPhone design, functionality, and features such as VPN configuration support.
Now you know how to stream from iPhone to Mac wirelessly. It wasn’t this easy initially, but with time and continuous improvement in technology, you can now enjoy everything available on your iPhone directly on a larger screen. Also, check out popular movie streaming sites.