The recommendations for gun safety regulations are aimed to avoid accidental discharge or negligence, or the consequences of malfunctioning fireworks. Their purpose is to remove or decrease unintentional death, injury, or property damage due to improper possession, storage, or handling of firearms.
Gun safety training seeks to develop a certain mindset and habits by following specific principles. The reason is that firearms are inherently dangerous and should always be stored carefully and handled with care.
Some basic rules
- Always keep your fire extinguisher in a safe direction.
- If they were full, treat all fires.
- Be careful of your mark, your line of fire, and what lies between your marks.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when you have to put out fires and take care of them.
- Learn properly the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun which you are using.
- Always use proper ammunition.
What is the safest way to secure a gun?
If you own a gun in your home, make sure to always keep it locked in a cabinet, safe, gun vault, or storage case. Lock the bullets away from the gun, close the storage.
- When hunting in a group, always choose to hire someone to work as a safety officer for the day or the trip.
- Establish and share everyone’s zones with each other and find out where they are everywhere at all times.
- Always keep the gun safe unless you intend to fire. Also, keep your ammunition like 5.56 ammo in a safe and separate place.
- Always use quality guns like Draco gun
- Never climb on anything that has a loaded gun in your hand or on your person.
- Never use gunpowder as binoculars.
- If you fall or trip, control your tap. Next, check the gun for damage to the barrel and obstructions.
- When in doubt, Don’t shoot