A continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine is commonly used for treating breathing-related sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. It enables you to breathe properly while you sleep by sending a constant oxygen flow to your nose and mouth.
A design defect in CPAP machines produced by Philips has led to severe injuries in many patients. Although the company has recalled the product, many victims are suffering because of the defective product. If you or a loved one are also a victim, it is recommended to consult a Philips CPAP lung cancer Lawyer to understand what legal action you can take.
What are the health risks?
Lung cancer, hypersensitivity, migraines, respiratory diseases, chemical poisoning, and kidney and liver-related damage are some of the injuries suffered by patients after using the Philips CPAP. These are primarily because of the foam used inside the machine that deteriorates and enters the lungs and the device’s chemical emissions.
What steps should you take if you have used the Philips CPAP?
- Seek medical treatment immediately.
- Discontinue the use of the device after consulting your healthcare provider.
- Consult an attorney to guide you through the lawsuit procedure.
What compensation can you seek?
- Medical expenses: You require medical care and treatment after suffering injuries. Hospital bills can be expensive and cause financial strain. Your compensation covers the cost of your treatment and future medical expenses because of the injury.
- Lost income: The injuries may prevent you from working for a particular period to recover and even reduce your capacity to earn in the future. The compensation value includes the wages you lost and will lose in the future because of the injury.
- Pain and suffering: The victim may suffer from severe pain and mental anguish because of the injuries and may even experience symptoms of depression and anxiety. Their quality of life is severely degraded, and they may experience loss of enjoyment of life.
- Loss of life: A defective CPAP can lead to drastic consequences such as the death of a loved one. The compensation includes damages such as funeral expenses, medical bills, and emotional distress.
How does your lawyer help?
Your lawyer has immense legal knowledge and experience. Navigating through the legal procedure without their expertise in this stressful situation can lead to a reduced or distressed claim. They can offer advice, help you collect evidence, estimate the compensation you deserve, and represent you to ensure that you receive it.
Choose the right lawyer for your case to guide you through the entirety of the process. Their support helps you attain peace of mind and simplify the procedure while improving your chance of having a favorable outcome.