The staircase is one of the first integral parts, which is named when listing the major element to be designed in a home. And if you are building a two-storey contemporary house, you will be interested in modern staircase design. Modern staircasesare pieces of artwork that do more than just be used to get from floor to floor. These are the central points of architecture that joined the home together, making it undoubtedly a centrepiece of the home. The modern staircase doesn’t look like your standard set of residential stairs and surely leaves an impression on the audience.
Beautiful modern staircase design includes lightwood steps, floating design stairs, staircase art etc. Its constructional methods, material, designs and styles are non-traditional designs, so there is generally not much standard in building it. Contemporary staircase designs reflect the current trends, and they are made with a combination of styles and materials. There is no category and rules in constructing contemporary staircase designs. Constructors are free to create whatever they please.
Contemporary staircase design consists of the following elements:
- A mixture of modern and classic style elements like timber mixed with wrought iron design.
- A simple aesthetic appealing design.
- Design that blends with the existing decor of the house.
In contemporary homes, modern finishes like glass or metal railings are often used. Natural materials like wood and brick are also used, but nothing too ornate. With a modern staircase, You can break many rules, commonly found even with modern homes. Constructors try hard to design a real eye-catching centrepiece which is hard to forbid, or just a cool staircase. A person is free to build up anything he can dream of.
But some styles are there which are common to modern designs which are not used in traditional construction.
- Wooden spindles were common in traditional staircases, but metal, wire or glasses are typically used in modern staircases. Wood is also used but in a very creative or simple shape like round or square.
- In modern design, exposed metal is commonly used for both spindles or stair frames. These metal frames are available in various styles and designs. You can customize it, or a pre-made stair kit can be bought.
- In place of metal spindles, wires are commonly used either horizontally or vertically placed.
- If you have the budget, You can use solid glass in place of balusters.
- In modern designs, different materials can be used, like metal frames with wooden steps built.
- Modern staircase comes in winding, curbs or even floating staircase designs.
- Modern staircase designs are very precise and accurate, with clean and sharp edges.
- Give attention to fine details; these modern staircases take more time and require more skill.
- Lightning in the modern staircase gives it both an aesthetic and functional look.
- Modern staircase design should work with the rest of the house style and the decor.
Modern staircases are artwork inside the home and therefore come with a high price tag. If you have the right home and a high budget, then a modern staircasedesign is a great feature to have. If you have a modern home style and decor, then old fashioned, colonial staircase won’t look right. A modern staircase will cater to your style and the size of your space. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and try something which no one has tried before. If you are designing your dream house or want to update your current home, then modern staircase design is one of a handful of architectural features that can make a real statement in your home.
Read More: Interior Design Tips For Contemporary Homes