Table of Contents
Who is a Level 2 electrician?
An electrical service professional is known to be a Level 2 electrician when authorized to connect a commercial or a residential place to and from the electricity grid.
The main distinction between Level 1 and Level 2 electricians is that the Level 2 professionals are allowed to carry on with the installation, repair, and maintenance of lines that lie between residential and commercial areas and the electricity supply grid. However, due to the high risks in this kind of electrical work, not everyone can do it.
Apart from that, they are skilled in managing all types of requirements and electric issues, both overhead and underground. You need a professional level 2 electrician for the highest safety and assurance. For example, if you have to take care of any electric maintenance work at your work or home, you need a level 2 electrician in Wollongong to have a stable electrical infrastructure.
When Do You Hire A Level 2 Electrician?
These are the situations under which you need to hire a level 2 electric professional from JWC Electrical–
- Installation of a meter box
- Upgradation of Electric systems
- Installation of overhead electric cables
- Disconnection and reconnection
- Installation of an Electricity Metering Equipment.
Why Hire A Level 2 Electrician?
Here are some of the reasons why you need to hire a Level 2 electrician:
- They are highly skilled and have expertise: Level 2 electricians do not take care of every electrical issue. They usually choose their niche and work accordingly. So you need to hire different professionals for different jobs. For example, data cabling or underground wiring is done by them. These jobs carry high risks and are fatal. The slightest mistake can cause dangerous accidents that may claim lives.
- To ensure safety: The level 2 electricians work with live wiring, and as we talked about before, it can be hazardous. Any level 2 electrician knows how to identify the right cables and connect and disconnect the correct wires, preventing any electric fires or accidents.
- Provide long-term results: Level 2 electricians can identify the problem’s leading cause and eliminate them from the root itself, which provides long-term support and solution. Whereas inexperienced electrical workers offer short-term solutions and often are very risky and pose threats.
- Proper Analysis of Problems: As mentioned before, Level 2 electricians are highly skilled and knowledgeable. They can analyze any given situation and then identify the leading cause of the problem, thereby providing a permanent or long-term solution.
- Helps save money: Any good thing costs more, and so does the cost of hiring a level 2 electrician. Although costly, they are cost-effective in the long term because they provide permanent solutions to the problem. So, you don’t need to call an electrician every time there is a minor fault or electric issue.
- Take care of the power balance: If the wires are not connected or installed correctly, it might lead to a dangerous electrical fire. A professional-level 2 electrician would ensure that there has been proper distribution of load throughout so that there are no faults and the electric systems are working smoothly.
You should always opt for professionals when it comes to electrical issues because electrical work isn’t fun or safe. However, in case you find it difficult, we suggest you reach out to professionals at JWC electricals for all the help!