Last Updated on September 3, 2023 by asifa
Almost every one of us resorts to makeup to enhance our natural beauty. But did you know the right makeup also boosts your skincare? From acne to clogged pores, you can avoid them all when you choose the right makeup products.
Choosing the right type of makeup is the key to healthier and more beautiful skin. High-quality makeup not only has a better finish but is more forgiving on your skin.
From foundations, and primers to lipsticks and eyeliners, every type of makeup can have healthier alternatives. Read on to find some ways to choose a makeup that provides skincare benefits.
Table of Contents
Skincare Ingredients You Can Find in Makeup
Many believe makeup and skincare do not go hand-in-hand. However, several products achieved the feat. Irrespective of your skin type, you will find makeup that doubles as skincare. But how do you find makeup that is beneficial to your skin? Here are a few tips on ingredients to look for in makeup to get skincare benefits too.
#1 Argan oil
Argan oil is called liquid gold for its various benefits for skin and hair. It is a non-sticky oil that gets easily absorbed into your skin. Many makeup products from lipsticks to foundation are infused with argan oil. It makes the skin hydrated and plumper in the long run. It also reduces the drying effect of makeup products.
#2 Vitamin E
Vitamin E can protect the skin from the effects of solar radiation and keep it hydrated and nourished. It is an important ingredient commonly found in skincare products as well as cosmetics. You will find vitamin E being the key ingredient in several lipsticks, setting sprays, blushes, and primers.
Niacinamide is a humectant that can retain moisture for a long time. As a result, your skin stays hydrated and youthful. Makeup products infused with niacinamide ensure your skin does not get dehydrated or have clogged pores.
Sun protection is essential to protect your skin every day from harsh UV rays. Hence look for quality sunscreen or makeup products that come with SPF up to 50 and PA++++.
#5 Hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid is a very mild ingredient that boosts skin hydration. As a result, your skin feels soft and plump. Makeup products like setting spray and strobe creams often have hyaluronic acid that nullifies the harmful effect of the makeup.
Tips to use makeup correctly to maintain healthy skin
Besides choosing makeup products with the goodness of skin care, you should maintain certain habits that will render keep your skin healthier in the long run:
- Never forget to remove the makeup before going to bed. If required, double cleanse with a balm as well as micellar water to remove every last trace of makeup.
- To remove the eye makeup, use a makeup remover designed for the eyes.
- Do not rub the skin abrasively with the cotton pads while trying to remove makeup.
- Give your skin some rest occasionally. This means, staying away from makeup for some time so that your skin can rejuvenate.
Top Makeup Products Beneficial for Skincare
With the market overflowing with a variety of cosmetics and makeup brands, it gets tricky to choose the best. To simplify your search, we have listed some of the best makeup that also has skincare benefits simultaneously.
1. Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Serum Foundation: This foundation has a watery consistency that blends seamlessly into the skin. It has a lightweight texture that feels hydrating and leaves a slight sheen on the skin. The foundation is enriched with argan oil, which keeps the skin moisturised.
2. Thank You Farmer Be Luminous CC cream: Enriched with vitamin E and shea butter, this CC cream makes your complexion appear brighter. It also helps to fade away dark spots with regular use.
3. Avon True Colour Skin Goodness CC Cream: This CC cream is enriched with vitamins A and E. The product cover-up minor blemishes and scars nicely. Your skin will look and feel healthier, well-moisturised, and plumper in the long run when you use this cream daily.
4. Lakme 9 to 5 CC Complexion Care Cream: This CC cream is a cult favourite. It gives decent coverage, has several shade choices, and comes with SPF. It does not make your skin look dry but rather gives it a flawless look. Moreover, it is a very pocket-friendly option too.
5. Sugar Base of Glory Pore Minimising Primer: This primer is one of the good options to reduce skin pores. Even though it is a mattifying primer, the product does not dry out the skin as it is enriched with vitamins A and E.
6. Plum Eye-Swear-By Matte Liner: Plum is known for formulating its products with natural ingredients and superior quality products. This range of matte eyeliners in various shades is enriched with argan oil. It has vivid shades that brighten the eye without causing any adversities.
7. Shiseido Shimmer Gel Lip Gloss: This lip gloss is enriched with shea butter, making it the perfect choice to keep the lips hydrated throughout the day. The lip gloss comes in a variety of shades. The shimmery effect makes the lips loom significantly fuller.
We hope you find the suggestions useful as you shop. Get the best out of your makeup products as they nurture the skin well. Good quality makeup infused with skin-nurturing ingredients is the key to beautiful skin. By selecting the right makeup, you can provide thorough nourishment to your skin. Looking for more insights on using skincare and makeup products? Check out more of tira’s blogs and products.