Are you finding your company’s visibility is compromised on the internet?
Is it resulting in the internet users finding it difficult to discover you?
If the answer to one or both the questions is yes, then a relook at your website design strategy is essential.
Consumers today are a different lot from those of bygone years. They research products at great lengths before purchasing. They Google a product or service, look up reviews and ratings and then make up their minds. You need a good website for great visibility on the internet.
Marketers focus on SEO, social media, and conversion rate optimization. But sadly, overlook the importance of creating great web design Long Island.
Since every business needs an online presence, they need to build a website that showcases their products and services in the best possible way.
For a persuasive start, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Table of Contents
Choose your theme carefully
- Is it optimized for mobile viewing? How easy is it to navigate? Remember, nearly half of the global traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Is the theme compatible with the latest versions of free and open-source content management systems like WordPress
- Is it easy to access support and documentation?
Organize your website content, like pages and posts, in a meaningful way.
- Pages constitute the main structure of a website and typically appear on the navigation bar for easy access. The website must include essential elements like Home Page, About, and Contact page.
- Posts are separate pieces of content with unique URLs. You may like to accord special attention to blog posts.
Focus on navigation
The website design must be user-friendly and easy to navigate. The users must know where exactly they are and must have easy access to where they want to be. A few points to note are:
- Split categories clearly. If there are multiple sections and sub-sections, define them clearly in a visual manner.
- Make all navigation elements clickable
All visitors may not be interested in your entire site. They may look for specific info or your name, address, and phone number. Keep key information at a location that is clearly and easily visible. Depending on the purpose of your website, you might be legally required to include:
- Contact details
- Terms of service, refund policy, etc., if it is an eCommerce site.
A good website is intuitive. It anticipates what your visitors want and caters directly to their needs. If visitors are looking for specific products or categories, create a landing page that specifically arrives at what they have searched for instead of forcing them to sift through all information. You can also search for a web design company near me.
One of the chief complaints of visitors is the time it takes to get the site up and running. A slow website is an inherent loser. Nowadays, people have little time on their hands. If a website takes a long to open, they will visit elsewhere, and you stand to lose business revenue.
Once the website design is finalized, publish it. It need not be completely finished. You can always go back to edit or add pages.
If you so desire, professional services offering website design in Valley Stream, NY, are available. Hadlines