Last Updated on April 22, 2022 by
Making the interiors beautiful is not enough if, from the outside, your home looks old and dirty because of poor exterior colour choices. Several factors have to be considered to make sure that the exterior paints go well with the surrounding of the building, stand tough against the weather, and make a good impression on the visitors.
Choosing a proper colour can be hard for a new homeowner, especially when you want to try something new. Signature Painters are professionals who help in applying exterior paint colours for Queenslanders at affordable rates. In this article, we will be looking at some of the tips that can be followed to choose the best exterior paint for a house.
Tips On Choosing The Best Exterior Colours:
Many factors have to be kept under consideration to make sure that the best choice is being made while finalising an exterior paint. Following are some of the factors that should be kept in mind,
- Combinations – Complementing exterior colours with the house’s surroundings is very important. A maximum of one or two colours should be used while painting the exterior of a house, not more than that. Also, if there is a mountain in the back, the colours should complement that scenery; if there are a lot of trees surrounding it or if there is a water body next to the house, the exterior colour should vary.
- Choice of colours – While choosing the colours for exterior painting, choosing darker colours like black, deep blue, or dark brown shades should be avoided. It is advisable to use a pale shade of colour and then mix it with other light colours. Dark colours should not be made the main colour, but they can be used to highlight the house’s features in the form of borders or fine stripes across the building.
- Durability – Depending on the place you stay, the climate can vary. If your house experiences heavy rainfall, then using water-resistant paint is a must where the water doesn’t stick to the outer walls as it can seep through otherwise. High gloss paints provide high durability also; paint finishes like satin and eggshell are highly durable and easy to clean.
- Effect of nature – Blending with the surroundings and nature is important for a building to look good. Houses in the hills or by the seashore should choose a colour that complements their surroundings. Cool colours should be preferred in these areas as they comfort the eye and look great with the surroundings.
- Attraction –The exterior of your house will help visitors or passersby make assumptions about your nature. If the colours are soft and welcoming, people will automatically feel welcomed. If the colours are bright and pop out of place, it can be repulsive for some people, which might not be the type of attraction you would want.
The above-noted points should be kept under consideration while choosing the exterior paints for your house. Take help from professionals like Signature Painters to help for the painting task and if you are too confused with the colour selection process, ask them for advice.