Netgear authentication error has really become a headache for me! What do I do to fix it? I am depressed and very annoyed! What it is? Why it has become a troublemaker for me? I want to kick off my WiFi device and get rid of it!
Are these questions boggling your mind too? If so, then this post can be your answer! Let’s start over!
Prior to kicking off your device, let us have a quick glance at the fixes given below!
First of all, you need to know about the Netgear Authentication error.
Table of Contents
What is Netgear Authentication Error?
The term Netgear authentication error means that the password or network key you are typing to connect your range extender to the router is incorrect. On the other hand, there is also a possibility that the password is correct but the user/ admin name isn’t.
In this post, we will provide you best fixes to resolve the Netgear authentication error in minutes. Keep reading!
Fix Netgear Authentication Error
Restart Your Netgear WiFi Range Extender
What you are supposed to do when any of your WiFi device stop working suddenly? You restart it right? Well, this is exactly you need to do with your Netgear range extender in order to fix the authentication error. Restarting or power cycling your Netgear extender can help you fix many big issues apart from the authentication one.
Follow the steps given below in order to power cycle your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Unplug your Netgear WiFi range extender from thepower source.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Now, plug your Netgear extender back into a working wall socket.
- Connect your range extender to your home WiFi network.
- Now, access www mywifiext.
Are you still struggling with Netgear authentication error? Fret not! Try our next troubleshooting tactic mentioned below.
Enter the Netgear Extender Login Password Correctly
As we mentioned earlier, entering the wrong password or network key is one of the major reasons behind the Netgear authentication error. Therefore, ensure to enter the correct Netgear extender login password.
Things to keep in mind prior to entering the password/ network key:
- Cross-check the password after entering it.
- Avoid typos.
- Enter the username and password into the correct fields.
- See the Netgear extender manual for any confusion.
If you keep the above-mentioned things in mind while entering the Netgear extender password, you will be surely say good-bye to the annoying authentication error.
Update the Firmware of Your Netgear Extender
A regularly performed firmware update process is important for your Netgear extender to work smoothly. You may come across the Netgear authentication error due to outdated firmware. If you really want to fix the error, you need to update Netgear extender firmware.
Walk through the instructions given below and know how to update Netgear extender firmware:
- Right off the bat, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to Netgear_ext.
- Log in to your Netgear extender via mywifiext.net.
- When the Netgear extender login screen appears, click on Settings under the Administration option.
- Once done, check if there is any update available for your device. On the off chance if the new firmware is available, click on the Firmware Update option. The update process will start on the same page and once it gets completed, your extender will restart.
Restart Your Netgear WiFi Extender
Has updating Netgear extender firmware fixed the authentication error for you? If not, try resetting your Netgear extender.
Reset Netgear Extender – The Ultimate Fix
- Make sure to plug your Netgear extender into a working wall outlet.
- Also, ensure to provide the device a steady power supply.
- Don’t forget to disconnect your Netgear extender from your main router/ access point or modem.
- Once done, locate the Netgear extender reset hole.
- Push it using an oil pin, paper clip, or pin.
- Hold it carefully and gently.
- Release it.
Now, you can perform the Netgear extender setup again using www.mywifiext.net web address and the default login credentials.
All the Netgear extender troubleshooting tips given in this post are easy to understand. Just in case, you get stuck at any step, feel free to contact us anytime via comments.