Last Updated on May 4, 2022 by rida
Netgear range extenders are one of the fastest and most reliable devices in the WiFi industry nowadays. However, along with the benefits comes cons too. And like any other device, range extenders are prone to various issues.
But, worry not because like every other technical device, extender issues too have solutions. In this article, you’ll find the topmost ways through which you can troubleshoot one of the most common issues faced with Netgear extenders. Thus, waste no more time, and read on.
Table of Contents
What Are the Topmost Issues Faced with Netgear Extenders?
Outlined below are the most commons issues that users come across with their WiFi extender:
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t change the Netgear_ext SSID
- Netgear extender keeps blinking red
- Netgear firmware update failure issue
- Extender can’t detect 5GHz band
Now, it’s time to dig a little deeper and learn how to troubleshoot these issues.
Top 5 Ways to Fix Netgear WiFi Extender Issues
WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet
One of the topmost issues that users face with their Netgear extender is not being able to connect to the internet. In order to fix this issue, check the connection between your range extender and WiFi router. Is it strong enough? If not, then connect your WiFi devices with an Ethernet cable instead of connecting them wirelessly.
What happened? Still stuck with the internet issue? Chances are that your Internet Service Provider is at fault here. Thus, get in touch with your ISP immediately and address the problem to them. They’ll send an agent over to your place to help you fix the issue.
If by any chance you’re still stuck with the internet issue, we recommend you to get in touch with our highly experienced technical experts. They’ll surely be able to guide you through the tips and help you troubleshoot the issue.
Can’t Change the Netgear_Ext SSID
Another issue that users face with their Netgear extender is not being able to change the Netgear_ext SSID. Is this the issue that’s been troubling you? If yes, then perhaps you haven’t followed through the process correctly.
Therefore, here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to change the network name of your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Power on your PC and open Google Chrome.
- Visit the mywifiext administrative page.
- Go to Settings and fill in the name you want your network to have.
- Then, click on the Apply button and wait for your changes to get saved.
In this way, you won’t face any issue in changing the network name of your WiFi range extender.
Netgear Range Extender Keeps Blinking Red
Is the power LED light of your WiFi device blinking red? If yes, know that it’s probably because you haven’t configured the hardware of your device properly. To troubleshoot this issue, mentioned below are the points that you need to consider:
- The wall socket your device is plugged into shouldn’t be damaged from any end.
- The power cable you’re using to connect your extender to the power adapter shouldn’t be loose. Also, the power cable shouldn’t have any unwanted cuts or breakage.
- Don’t rush until and unless the power LED of your device hasn’t turned green.
- Keep your extender away from transmitting appliances, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and electronic objects.
- Place the Netgear extender in the center-most location of your house.
Be careful while configuring the hardware of your Netgear WiFi range extender. Or else you can forget about troubleshooting the rest of the issues with your device.