TikTok is becoming the application with the most registered users due to its high consumption, and in addition, its income is increasingly higher. The algorithm of this social network makes people end up hooking on this app to continue watching videos; however, a new report from the New York Times has revealed how it works. TikTok introduces five-second pauses between videos to decrease user addiction
The document ‘TikTok Algo 101’ was prepared to explain the operation of the algorithm to the employees of the platform, mentioning four main objectives for users to continue using the application:
• Value for the user.
• Long-term user value.
• Value to the creator.
• Value to the platform.
This report shows a simplified algorithm formula to predict the content that the public would like to see, taking into account that the calculations are based on a combination of ‘likes’, comments, how long a video is playing and if it was reached to visualize.
The final objective of the platform is also shown in the report, being the sum of daily active users thanks to the optimization of the content so that people return to using the app for a longer time. Tikok focuses on the hours invested and retaining individuals to keep them for as long as possible within the platform.
Tiktok likes are a very important metric of Tiktok’s algorithm. Companies like BuzzVoice have started offering services which can increase the number of TikTok likes by purchasing them. Some people have even go viral by doing so.
As soon as you open the social network and find your feed, you can see a quick sequence of short videos, usually with selected themes based on content that you might like. These recommendations driven by the Tiktok algorithm make each feed special and unique, fully adapting to each user and creating a personalized experience.
Among the points that the Tik Tok algorithm takes into account to classify its content, user interactions stand out above all, such as:
• The videos you like
• The videos you share
• The accounts they follow
• The comments you post
• The content that the same user creates
You can also Purchase Tiktok likes here to get noticed by the TikTok algorithm.
The TikTok algorithm also takes into account other factors in its ranking, such as:
- Tik Tok also penalizes in some way the duplication of content: our recommendation system works to intersperse various types of content along with those that it already knows you like. For example, your feed will usually not confirm two videos in a line completed with a similar noise or by a similar inventor.
- However, they may advise a video that has been well established by other users who share related benefits in this way, each new interaction helps the system to know your interests and suggest content: following new accounts, exploring hashtags, sounds, effects, and trending topics in the “Discover” tab will further tailor the user experience.
- It is one of the jewels of this social network since it adapts to your tastes and always has new videos and creators that will catch your attention. Or, at least, that they are going to make you have a good time.
- Tiktok’s likes feature is focused on improving the user experience according to users and their mobiles, but they also have weight when it comes to displaying some content. There are many more details that TikTok does not want to reveal regarding its algorithms, so if you want to get ahead of your competition on TikTok you should try buying likes on Tiktok.
- They claim to be working so that users do not receive only videos of topics of interest to them or the same type so that they do not feel saturated. One of the challenges that Tik Tok faces, which they are already taking care of, is improving their algorithm.
- They want to prevent users from being saturated only with content they have interacted with. That is why creating content on different topics can help you make yourself known to more types of followers.