Last Updated on February 27, 2023 by Umer Malik
QuickBooks Error 101, QuickBooks error 179, etc. are some most common banking errors that are faced by users more often. Are you also one of the users who are dealing with the QuickBooks issues right now? Then read the article till the end.
QuickBooks is no doubt one of the best retail management software that helps the users to track their transactions and keep the records at the tip of their fingers. But sadly, apart from its amazing features and tools, users also have to face lots of issues and errors while working on the software. The errors might hamper the workflow and also may damage some important files. It is recommended to go through the causes that have triggered the error in the first place.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error 101 (Banking Error)
“We are fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possible. Try connecting again tomorrow.”
“Looks like the connection to the bank – Business Online Banking isn’t available right now. Try again in a few hours. (101).”
The error 101 QuickBooks is a banking error. Users might face the issue while accessing the bank account. The error may also arise due to some damage in the QuickBooks configuration or Windows.
Causes that Triggered QuickBooks Error 101
There could be many reasons behind the occurrence of the error code 101 QuickBooks.
- It might have triggered due to the outdated Windows-like Microsoft ActiveX Controls and .NET Framework.
- The wrongly configured internet explorer setting also can trigger an error in your system.
- If your system has disabled Debugging then that could also display the QuickBooks error 101.
- Due to the failure of Windows to run Java, .Net Framework, Flash, and ActiveX.
Ways to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 101
We have discussed some very useful and verified methods to fix the issue from your system. The steps are very easy and effortless to perform. While performing make sure that you have carefully carried out all the steps. If you have little or no knowledge regarding QuickBooks or technology then try to take professional guidance.
Solution 1: Reconfigure the Internet Explorer
- First of all, try to open the Internet Explorer and hit the Gear icon at the top corner.
- From the Security tab, choose the Internet option.
- Then hit the Trusted Sites.
- Click on the Sites choice.
- In the website field, type “https://*.intuit.com.”
- Hit the Add and then follow the same steps to add the website “https://*.QuickBooks.com.”
- Click on the Close option and then under the Custom Level, scroll to access Miscellaneous.
- Enable the option Allow Cross Domain Requests button and click the OK button.
- Try to reopen the Internet Explorer.
- Check if you are still getting the QuickBooks Online.
Solution 2: Reset the Pop up Settings of Internet Explorer
- Choose the advance option under the Privacy tab.
- Marked the button Override Automatic Cookie Handling.
- Ensure that the First Party and Third Party Cookies in the settings are accepted.
- On the Always Allow Session Cookies option, check the mark on it.
- Hit the OK button.
Solution 3: Enable ActiveX Controls
- Choose the Internet Option under the Security tab.
- After that click on the Custom Level.
- Go to the Internet Zone tab and look for the button ActiveX Controls and Plugins.
- Click on the following options to enable them, Download Signed ActiveX controls, Binary and Script Behaviors, Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting, and Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins.
- Hit the OK option and leave the Internet Explorer window.
- Now try to connect with the bank account and check if you are still getting the QuickBooks error 101.
Solution 4: Enable TLS 1.2 and Change the Settings of Encrypted Pages
- Click on the Advanced window and scroll it down.
- Ensure that you have checked bx Use TLS 1.2.
- Look for the option Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk and make sure that you have unchecked the option.
- Tap the Apply button.
- Hit the OK choice.
Solution 5: Manually Fix the Issue
If none of the above solutions helped you to get rid of the problem, then try to resolve the error manually.
- First of all, open QuickBooks Online.
- Then go to the Dashboard and search for the Banking option.
- Choose Banking.
- Hit the Update button and then try to update the online banking.
- Check if you are still getting the issue or not.
If you are performing the solution then make sure that you haven’t missed any of the steps. Hopefully, the solution helped you to resolve the problem in your system. Some QuickBooks errors could be very stubborn and hard to fix. Hence, if you are still facing the issue then try to contact the official team of the software. You can easily access the helpline number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The support team is available for 24 X 7 to help the user in need. If you liked the article, then share it with your friends and teammates.