If car and bus accidents are scary, one can only imagine how frightening truck accidents could be. If you are involved in one, you would not want to worry about your injuries and, at the same time, worry about getting your compensation. As stated by Louis Law Group, a West Palm Beach-based Truck Accident Injury Insurance Claim Firm, those involved in truck accidents need to recover from their injuries and also find a way to get compensated. They can achieve this easily with the services of an experienced lawyer. Read about TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURY INSURANCE CLAIM below.
HOW WOULD A LAWYER HELP YOUR TRUCK ACCIDENT INSURANCE CLAIM?
A lawyer’s role in getting you a fair settlement after a truck accident cannot be ignored. Your lawyer would leave no stone unturned in getting the insurance company to pay what you deserve, from demanding a certain sum to ensuring that the sum is paid.
Below are some steps your lawyer would take:
- Gathering of Evidence: Without concrete evidence, proving that you are deserving of a claim would be difficult. Your lawyer knows this, and that is why they would go to any lengths to gather evidence. This evidence would include medical reports showing that your injuries resulted from the accident and the effects of such injuries on your overall performance, police reports, eye witnesses’ statements, and any other evidence that could be helpful in your claim.
- Negotiations: Your lawyer would be ready to negotiate terms with the insurance company on your behalf. This does not mean that they would settle for anything. Negotiations aim to reach an agreement that is favorable to you without having to go to court. Once your lawyer demands a sum after considering your damages and how suitable that compensation would be, they expect the insurance company to accept and pay. If they do not, then there would be no hesitation in going to court.
- Lawsuit if necessary: If the insurance company is proving difficult and trying to avoid your settlement, your lawyer would not hesitate to take the case to court if that is going to get you your compensation. It is even possible that the thought of a lawsuit scares the insurance company and brings them to settle.
- Your lawyer would ensure your compensation accurately represents your injuries: One major complication of many truck accident claims is getting the compensation that is truly worth the injuries and pain from the accident. Sadly, insurance companies try to underplay the extent of the damages. This is why you need a lawyer that would present your injuries just as they are and get you the compensation that is fit for such injuries. Your lawyer would consider the effect of the injuries in the present and look at their long-term impact when deciding the settlement.
HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO GET YOUR TRUCK ACCIDENT INSURANCE CLAIM?
It is only expected of you to be curious about how long it would take before you are given your insurance claim. The duration depends on some factors:
- The extent of the injuries: When pursuing a truck accident insurance claim, your lawyer would want to know the extent of your injuries, as this would be useful in determining the befitting compensation. The process of evaluating the damages might be quite long since it would involve various medical reports.
- The number of parties involved: The number of parties involved determines the duration of a truck accident insurance claim. Usually, a truck accident involves multiple parties. The more the parties involved in a truck accident, the longer an insurance claim takes.
- The other party’s readiness to negotiate: This is a significant determinant of the duration of an insurance claim. In some cases, the party at fault admits their fault and begins talk on settlement. However, in most cases, the party at fault and their insurance company try to reduce or evade the claim, elongating the process.
HOW MUCH IS A TRUCK ACCIDENT CLAIM WORTH?
The worth of a truck accident insurance claim is dependent on some factors:
- The extent of injuries: The extent of the injuries you acquired from a truck accident would determine the worth of your insurance claim.
- The time it would take to make a full recovery: Another determinant of the worth of your insurance claim would be the time it would take for you to recover fully.
- The future effects of such injuries: Some injuries sustained from truck accidents could be mild and clear off after a while. However, some could be life-threatening. When determining the worth of your insurance claim, your lawyer would put this into consideration.
Now, you see that the process of getting an insurance claim after a truck accident is one you would not want to take on without an experienced lawyer by your side. As mentioned by this Lawyer Roll article, https://www.lawyerroll.com/are-you-always-to-blame-for-slip-and-fall-accidents/, getting a lawyer after an auto accident should be a priority and not an afterthought.
Please share “TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURY INSURANCE CLAIM”