Improving English is the dream of every individual either he/she is a resident of an English country or not. It is also not an easy task. There are a lot of abstracts that need to be kept in mind. English is not a piece of cake that everyone can swallow easily. It is the contextual term that includes numerous terminologies and various important rules to apply. English is an international language that everyone uses to communicate with each other either in daily life sentences or business meetings.
While speaking, the speaker has to take care of grammatical rules, tenses, and vocabulary.
While writing, punctuation rules are added into the grammatical rules, tenses, and vocabulary.
Many other terminologies form the base of fluent English i.e. parts of speech, forms of the verb, simile, metaphor, and sentence structures, etc.
One of the most important factors that should be taken into consideration for fluent and effective English learning is vocabulary words. If one has learned all the English rules and doesn’t have the knowledge of vocabulary words then all has gone to waste. Knowing several different words and their meaning according to the need of the situation is very important.
Importance of Vocabulary:
If we summarize the importance of learning vocabulary words, we can say that;
Vocabulary is the fundamental expression, possessing a large number of words that help you communicate well with clarity. Functional vocabulary is also the same as thought comprehension, which ensures that you will be able to think articulately. Although, a lot of vocabulary is built from childhood and it fits in childhood memory well because that is the time when a child learns more.
Vocabulary helps people to understand what others are saying and allows explaining their point of view to express their feelings. If the speaker has a good vocabulary and knows how to refer to that feeling with a group of words then he/she can make a good impression on others and grab their best attention.
How to improve English?
Are you familiar with the answer of the question “How to improve English?”
The learner should create an environment where he/she can interact with each other by speaking English. Watching TV shows and movies with English subtitles also helps to improve the English Language and adds up more enhancements in the vocabulary. Listening to English songs and thinking in English can also be added up in the improvement of the English list.
If one is not fluent in English then he/she needs to look for improvement in the following key terminologies and rules.
- Parts of speech: These are very basic terms that even a student of 1st Grade knows. It compiles nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, and other 4 parts of speech that cover the types of things and peoples differently according to their meaning.
- The sentences and their structure: It is a statement that expresses the thoughts in words whether it is in the form of question, command, or request. There are different types of sentences based on their structure and situation where these are to be spoken.
- Tenses: These are the sentences that are categorized under the situations that fall in past, present, and future. For this purpose, some special structures and rules are in the context of English to order the happenings in line.
- ● Vocabulary acquisition: Get your memory in working by learning new words daily. It is the key component in English fluency. It falls into the important abstracts of the English learning process.
- Pronunciation: Words pronunciation is very important in speaking skills. Knowing the vocabulary words is not enough. The speaker should know how to pronounce the words. Pronunciation helps grab the attention of the audience.
Vocabulary words dependence:
The bundle of vocabulary words depends upon the situation. For example,
- Taking Food context, we’ll explain the food in the following words i.e. delicious, bitten, sweet, and yummy, etc.
- Taking entertainment context, we’ll say movies, TV shows, media, channels, videos, music, historical dramas, and documentaries.
- Taking sports context, we’ll say athletics, games, hockey, cricket, Olympics, Tennis, baseball, and badminton, etc.
So, the vocabulary words depend upon the situations.
If the learner is the business person, then he/she should know the main terminologies for the business, and also he should be familiar with the respective field of business he/she is operating.
To increase vocabulary, spellquiz.com is the best website. For learning new words, one should use this website as it has the words categorized under the grading system. From Grade 1 to Grade 12, the words are divided. So, there’s nothing to worry about the selection of the words. Also, you don’t have to go on a different webpage separately to get the words for the specific grades. It is highly recommended to those who want to enhance their vocabulary.