So, do you wanna change the password of your Netgear wireless router? If yes, then this tutorial would be a lot beneficial for you. Moreover, if you think that your device’s password is compromised or simply wanna change it, then you have to follow some simple and east tricks given in this post. You are free to apply any of the creamy-smooth methods out of three methods. Unfortunately, of you have forgetter the Netgear router password, then also you can recover it by using the same methods to recover or reset it. But don’t forget a URL mywifiext
Important Note: The mentioned URL would be a lot helpful for you if in future you wish for Netgear extender setup
The First Process: Reset Password on Netgear Genie Routers
- On your computer or laptop open an up-to-date web browser.
- Enter default Ip address or routerlogin.net into the address space given above. If you have changed the default IP address of your device, then you are supposed to login with the new one.
- Fill in the default login credentials for your Netgear device.
- Now, from the Setup menu go to the Advanced settings. Once done, tap on wireless setup.
- In the security options, click to delete the current password that is located just beside ‘passphrase’.
- Enter a newly created strong password and after that apply it.
- Also, remember that if your Netgear router supports the dual-band frequency, then you are supposed to change the password individually.
- Shut down the router interface window now. If you tend to connect any WiFi-enabled device with the Netgear device, you have to enter the new password.
The Second Process: Resetting Password on Old Version of Routers
- To do so, you have to open a web browser again.
- Enter the aforementioned URL or the default IP address i.e. 192.168.01.
- Now, in the next window, you have to enter current username and password (default).
- Once done, go to wireless settings and hit the security options.
- Here, you are supposed to enter the new password for your Netgear device. Click in order to apply the changes.
- Log out from the main screen and connect your smart WiFi devices with a newly build, strong, and hard-to-detect password.
The Third Process: Restoring the Router back to its Factory Default Settings
- So, you wanna reset the router back to its factory default settings? Then locate the reset button on back of your device – grab a pin or a paper clip – insert it into the factory reset hole for few seconds and after that release it.
- It may take a short while for the power LED lights on your Netgear router to blink. You have to wait for your device to get fully rebooted.
- Now, log in to the Netgear router login page with a default SSID and password. You can change the default credentials by applying the two simple and easy methods given above.
Visit mywifiext.net for Netgear extender firmware, login, and setup.
We hope that the above given creamy smooth steps work for you. Now, you can unplug your router and move to its desired location.
Remember, router is the essential element that will help you in accessing mywifiext.net login page for the configuration of your smart wireless range extender.
We are the service provider of Netgear that offers support for:
- New Extender Setup.
- Mywifiext.net setup.
- Configuration and installation of the WiFi range extender via 192.168.1.250.
So our methods of resetting a Netgear router password end here. If you have your own tips for the same, don’t forget to share them with your fellow readers via comments section visible below.